Air21 Shipping Company  » Business  »
  • I used to buy and sell on Ebay and apparently everyone uses Air21 as they do pick-up the items from your home or office or origin of delivery, so when I used this I was really impressed as they pick up items to be shipped from 9 am until about 10 pm in the evening
  • What a terrible experience, the delay was almost a week and it was the buyers' fault so I thanked Air21 customer service for that incident
  • I think this killed Air21's business when it comes to online buying and selling as they no longer pick up items from your house
  • I rate this an 8 and had they still picked up items from homes they would have been the best shipping company

• by shunnem

Air21 is Fedex’s local shipping company in Manila and it’s got really great services and affordable rates. I used to buy and sell on Ebay and apparently everyone uses Air21 as they do pick-up the items from your home or office or origin of delivery, so when I used this I was really impressed as they pick up items to be shipped from 9 am until about 10 pm in the evening! Rarely were items picked up at 10 pm at my house, usually it was 4 pm in the afternoon, but that was alright with me since the items are going to be delivered the next day still, so no matter what time they picked up your item, they will still be delivered the next day for Metro Manila areas. For provincial areas it takes a maximum of 2 working days and that’s the usual time. For approximately 200 deliveries I had with Air21 I only experienced one shipment that had a delay, that’s because my buyer had shipped it to a school as she was a teacher, and she was so stubborn as not to follow and trust me that

there might be a delay as I already suspected this, a school is very huge and it was a university, so how in the world would the delivery guy know where to deliver the package? The guards were apparently pinpointing here and there and the poor Air21 delivery guy would only tell the Air21 customer service that he really had no idea and he was being pushed around by the guards as they wouldn’t accept the package with only the school address and no exact department, but in the end my buyer finally got the package as she told me where in university the delivery guy was supposed to bring it. What a terrible experience, the delay was almost a week and it was the buyers’ fault so I thanked Air21 customer service for that incident.

What I liked about this company too was that they do value their customers by knowing their names and addresses immediately. I was a loyal customer there so when I called and just told my name they would immediately know what to do and in just a minute we’ve already hung up the phone and that’s how ...

• fast we do it when I’m scheduling a pick-up at my house. The rates are really affordable too, but a lot had opted for Xend Express which was a newly-founded shipping company that only offered $1 for 2 days delivery time. Each customer had their options and most of them went for Xend Express when they had their debut. Air21 offered $1.85 for next-day delivery and apparently the customers are willing to wait for an extra day instead of paying $0.85 extra. I think this killed Air21’s business when it comes to online buying and selling as they no longer pick up items from your house! I was really surprised and thought this was an even worse strategy as more people would only go to Xend Express but in the end they had no choice and I was left hanging with no courier. I had no Air21 branch and outlet near me, the nearest was 20 minutes away and that’s a big inconvenience for shipping items 5 times a week. One thing I also disliked about their sytem was that they were a bit slow when updating their tracking numbers online. If
        you had shipped an item today and the estimated date of arrival would be tomorrow, you can only see your tracking status the next day but that would be pointless as customers need to know the same day the item has been shipped and not when the item is near their home being delivered already! Their online tracking never really was perfect and it was a day late, I didn’t like that and I commented to them about it but nothing happened during those couple of years when I used Air21.

They had a good customer service, a good team of delivery guys whom I have known for a long time, and I was always supplied with waybills and plastic bags for me to prepare my items so that when they came, everything would be ready. I miss Air21 but their service wasn’t just the same anymore. It was good while it lasted and sometimes I still use it for personal purposes when I need to send a big package abroad or provincially. I rate this an 8 and had they still picked up items from homes they would have been the best shipping company.

rain says :

hello, i`m from bacolod and i expect to receive a package from angeles city within this week or today maybe. the problem is that i`m out of town for a week so i can only pick up the package next week. is it possible that the air 21 brach here would keep the package for a week until i pick it up when i come back? thank you.

Jules Li says :

Yes, they will have to place a hold on the shipment. You will have to contact them by phone to do so. I’m not sure of where you’re located to provide the phone number, but here’s a link to their webpage which contains contact numbers:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4126071209550231/k2311a0726/7.26.10