Monk TV Episode: Mr. Monk and the Really, Really Dead Guy  » TV  »
  • And, because my youngest didn’t let me do much else, I found myself watching some Monk re-runs on TV (one of the channels happened to have a marathon on Friday)
  • This, of course, leads to an interesting plot where he has to prove his worth by solving the crime before all of the FBI’s high tech equipment does
  • The best part of this episode had to be Monk finally caving in and asking Julie to show him how to use a computer
  • If you ever get a chance to watch this episode, I would recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

I had Friday off from work because we didn’t have a baby sitter. And, because my youngest didn’t let me do much else, I found myself watching some Monk re-runs on TV (one of the channels happened to have a marathon on Friday).

Even though most of the episodes were episodes I have seen several times, one of the re-runs was an episode I actually had never seen before; Mr.

Monk and

the Really, Really Dead Guy.

And, I loved it.

Basically, there is a murder victim killed in six different ways and the person who did it is threatening to strike again in 36 hours so the police and Monk are told to ignore all other cases (including another murder case) and focus their attention on catching the criminal before someone else dies.

The FBI gets involved and Monk finds himself completely lost ...

• in a world full of computers and other high tech instruments and feels like a dinosaur.

This, of course, leads to an interesting plot where he has to prove his worth by solving the crime before all of the FBI’s high tech equipment does.

The best part of this episode had to be Monk finally caving in and asking Julie to show him how to use a computer.

Watching him move the

cursor with the mouse was a classic scene that will stick in my head for a long time (though I am a bit curious why she decided to leave her laptop in his house rather than taking it with her when she left).

If you ever get a chance to watch this episode, I would recommend it.

It is one of the best Monk episodes I have seen and I only regret not getting a chance to watch it sooner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1026071209370231/k2311a0726/7.26.10