Gateway 2000 386sx 116  » Computers  »
2.5
  • It will be interesting to see what computers are like in twenty years from now

• by sadonna
      My first computer as an adult was a Gateway 2000 386sx 116. It only had a forty megabyte hard drive and a 126k of memory. We bought it used from a guy I used to work with for three hundred dollars.

We had Dos 3. 0 and windows 3.

1 back then. If you compared that with Dos 6.

0 and windows XP now days

it’s like a dinosaur or basically extinct. Most of my kids don’t remember the earlier computers and how slow they were compared to the current models.

I remember going to Best Buy and purchasing an 80 megabyte hard drive and thinking that was so big it would hold anything I would need. Now in retrospect I know I was wrong.

My current ...

• computer has an 80 gigabyte hard drive and that is not anywhere near large enough even now. My husband and my kids like to play a lot of video games and all of the new games require a large amount of hard drive space to install on the computer, large amounts of memory, and 3D graphics cards.

I have to admit though

the computers today are smaller and have more memory, ram and hard drive space than their predecessors. They can do things that the 386 never could even think about, especially with the internet today.

It will be interesting to see what computers are like in twenty years from now. Will we even remember the first generation of home computers? I doubt it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 192301120930931/k2311a0123/1.23.07