Coraline (Film)  » Movies  »
  • I think they make great movies for all different ages, with enough of the eerie element to keep me interested
  • I enjoyed watching every minute of Coraline
  • In fact, the level of disturbing elements is enough that I may not recommend this movie for children that are too young

• by kirbystar7

I love Tim Burton movies. I think they make great movies for all different ages, with enough of the eerie element to keep me interested. I fell in love after watching a Nightmare before Christmas; the animation was just so different, three dimensional but not of reality.

I was very surprised to learn that it was Henry Schlick that directed Coraline and not Tim Burton. The

trailer showed a work that seemed very similar to Tim Burton movies, so I could not wait for the same elements to appear: a great story in a beautiful art form.

I enjoyed watching every minute of Coraline. Even though I am already an adult, I could relate to the young character, having felt many of the emotions Coraline felt before.

Moving to a new place, being curious, wishing to have more than what I already have, wanting to escape the mundane present. I feel that young children or young adolescents will be able to relate with the main character greatly.

I will warn how there are in fact disturbing elements in this movie, much more so than other children’s movies. In fact, the level of disturbing elements is enough that I ...

• Coraline (Film)
      may not recommend this movie for children that are too young.

There is death, scary images, and a particular aspect that greatly disturbs even me. In the movie, Coraline’s mother of the alternate reality persists that she stay there, but in order to stay in this “better” existence, she must give up her eyes and replace them with buttons.

I think what makes this movie scarier

than usual is the fact that most every thing takes place in a domestic setting. Children may become sacred more easily if it reminds them of their own home.

The bizarreness of this movie, while scary, makes it an even better movie. It really distinguishes it self from a Tim Burton work.

I highly recommend watching this movie, and if there are young children around, parental guidance is a must.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1126071209170131/k2311a0726/7.26.10