Dairy Queen Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
5810 Kingstowne Ctr Ste 150, Kingstowne, VA
  • Some times, though I like to treat my self for the hard work of eating healthy and working out by going out to get ice cream
  • When I think of Dairy Queen, the first thing I think of is the cup cone with the perfectly swirled vanilla ice cream covered in a chocolate magic shell
  • What I noticed about Dairy Queen Blizzards is that they are made from vanilla ice cream, and then if a certain flavor of ice cream is desired, such as mint or chocolate, the flavor is added as a sauce and then blended in when the entire Blizzard cup is blended
  • I would definitely prefer it if the staple flavors, like vanilla, chocolate, or mint, were readily available
  • Other wise, I highly recommend them as a special summer treat to beat the heat

• by kirbystar7

It is summer time, and it is smoldering hot out side. For some one who is trying to look fit and lose weight during the summer, ice cream, as good as it sounds, is not really an option. Some times, though I like to treat my self for the hard work of eating healthy and working out by going out to get ice cream. I do not go to the grocery store or even just buy an ice cream.

When I treat my self, I really treat my self. One of my favorite places to get ice cream is Dairy Queen. When I think of Dairy Queen, the first thing I think of is the cup cone with the perfectly swirled vanilla ice cream covered in a chocolate magic shell.

I how ever never buy these when I go the ice cream parlor. I get Dairy Queen’s other famous treats, Blizzards. Blizzards are cups of ice cream blended with different things, and there are many toppings to choose from.

I have tried several flavors. One flavor that

I really enjoy is Thin Mint, which has chunks of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies swirled in green mint ice cream. What I noticed about Dairy Queen Blizzards is that they are made from vanilla ice cream, and then if a certain flavor of ice cream is desired, such as mint or chocolate, the flavor is added as a sauce and then blended in when the entire Blizzard cup is blended.

I am not sure if I like this, especially since I find either some of the flavor sauce or just vanilla ice cream, which I do not appreciate. I would definitely prefer it if the staple flavors, like vanilla, chocolate, or mint, were readily available. This is not exactly economical, but would definitely make the ice cream taste better.

When I buy a Blizzard for my self, I usually get the small sized Blizzard, which is definitely more than enough ice cream for one person (especially for one that is supposed to be on a diet!). One thing I like about Dairy Queen is that it ...

• has coupons or opportunities to get free ice cream. When I became of fan of the Blizzard and signed up to be a member of the club (providing my name and email address) I was sent a coupon for a free sixteen ounce Blizzard (the regular size) with a purchase of another one.

If you have a friend, you can bring her along to treat her or to split the cost of the Blizzard (approximately four dollars). The sixteen ounce is huge, and I definitely felt like I had too much ice cream, but a deal is a deal. I used my coupon on a Cappuccino Heath flavored Blizzard, which was pretty good.

It had just enough flavor, and the bits of heath were pretty small. I tend to get sick with the Blizzards that are too flavorful (the Chocolate Extreme, which is heavenly at first, becomes very tiresome after word, way too much chocolate for one time!), but this one was good enough that I just kept eating it. One thing I did not like is

that the Blizzard was not blended well enough and I occasionally found my self eating clumps of Cappuccino flavored powder, which was very bitter! Other than that, I think the flavor was pretty good, but I think I will be trying some thing else next time.

Some thing I should warn about: not all the Dairy Queens have the same set of flavors. One Dairy Queen I went to had my favorite Thin Mint flavored Blizzard. The one I recently went to did not.

For the health conscious, even though I was told that Dairy Queen Blizzards are made of frozen yogurt, which should be better than straight up ice cream, I have found them to have a ton of calories. The small sized Blizzards that I tend to purchase are over five hundred calories, which is a quarter of my daily calorie intake. If you’re going to be heath conscious or dieting, be careful not to be eating Dairy Queen Blizzards too much! Other wise, I highly recommend them as a special summer treat to beat the heat!

Dairy Queen Restaurant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 726071209140131/k2311a0726/7.26.10