Ainsley Harriott Tomato & Mascarpone Risotto
  • This makes surprisingly tasty risotto – perfectly cooked with a tasty creamy sauce to it and I thought it was absolutely delicious
  • I shall definitely be trying more from this range, which is Ainsley’s ‘Everyday Classics’ range
  • I enjoyed this on its own and I had a bit of risotto left over which I used up the next day, but if you served this with an accompaniment you could get two decent portions out of it
  • I am buying some more of this today as it tasted gorgeous, so I would wholly recommend you try it

• by jeanne71

Good old Ainsley Harriott. This caught my eye in the supermarket as I was looking for something quick I could quickly whip up to eat when I got back from the supermarket and this Tomato & Mascarpone Risotto with Ainsley’s smiling face on it sounded pretty tasty and it really was.

This has a surprisingly good flavour for a dried packet mix.

It comes in a 120g sachet and you simply add 400ml of water – cold if you

are cooking it in a saucepan or hot if you are making it in the microwave – together with a knob of butter to bring out the flavour.

On the hob it takes 10-12 minutes but I microwaved mine for 10 and left it to stand.

This makes surprisingly tasty risotto – perfectly cooked with a tasty creamy sauce to it and I thought it was absolutely delicious.

I shall definitely be trying more from this range, which is ...

• Ainsley’s ‘Everyday Classics’ range.

Mmmmm…

The risotto rice comes out a deep red colour with just tiny bits of actual tomato.

It contains tomato obviously, cheese powder, onion powder and various herbs and spices, which adds up to a lovely warm flavour with loads of taste.

decent portions out of it.

The serving suggestion on the packet is to scatter crispy pancetta, parmesan shavings and fresh basil leaves on the top to make it extra special, but this was a real taste sensation on its own.

It does not even seem to be high in calories as the packet states that a 100g serving contains only 160 calories.

I am buying some more of this today as it tasted gorgeous, so I would wholly recommend you try it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2726071209030131/k2311a0726/7.26.10