Domo Ventilator DO-8115  » Electronics  »
  • I like the design of this ventilator, it is not your usual, standard fan

• by bethbarl

It is a hot summer here in Europe at the moment. Having come from Botswana where the winter is in full swing, I am a bit disturbed by this extreme change of temperatures. Usually, when I come home, the interior of the house is still cool. This time, however, it is warm and stuffy.

I got this Domo Electric Fan to cope with the heat and the stuffiness inside the house. Sadly, houses here are not equipped when a heat such as this is in full swing. No ventilators or air-conditioners are present.

I like the design of this ventilator, it is not your usual, standard fan. I find its round, tube-like shape very refreshing similar to that of a column or a pillar. In the beginning, I did not think that it was an electric

fan at all. Because it is designed like a tall tower, the ventilator occupies a really small space in any room I put it into. The maximum diameter of its base is just about the same size as a large dinner plate. This column ventilator blends excellently in any background as the design is sleek and just elegant.

It is very easy to assemble – 2 pieces of the round base which should be fitted together. The column tower came pre assembled. At any rate, the fan should not be operated without this base.

In terms of use, there is really nothing complicated about it. There are 5 buttons on the ventilator – 0 to start/stop and speed settings from 1 to 3. Even at its lowest setting, it gives a powerful air in a room.

• I can also choose to activate its oscillation (5th button) by depressing the button. The reverse action deactivates the function

Another feature which I like about this fan is that there is a timer on it from 20 minutes to a maximum of 2 hours (this function is used by just twisting the dial to the desired time). I find this a helpful feature as the timer saves me the inconvenience of getting up in the middle of the night when temperatures start to drop and there is no need to use the electric fan anymore (usually after 9 p.m.).

There are some things which I do not like about this fan. One is the noise. Because the fan is powerful, it gives a whirring noise especially when I put it at its highest speed. This

can be annoying sometimes especially in the night when its noise disturbs my sleep. During the daytime, it does not bother me at all. Two, due to its shape, I do not feel that it oscillates well, probably just about 90ºC. But, this is a limitation which I do not mind as I do not like fans blowing air directly on me. Third, it is not exactly a cheap fan having paid nearly € 30 for this ventilator.

Despite these flaws, this is a fan which I still like because of its elegant design, ease of assembly, use and powerful performance. In addition, it is a space saver. I would not hesitate to buy another fan like this one to cope with the summer heat (if it becomes hot again as for 3 days now, temperatures dropped drastically.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1626071208740131/k2311a0726/7.26.10