DeVilbiss Warm Steam Vaporizer Model 1200  » Health  »
  • I like DeVilbiss because their vaporizers are sturdy and heavy duty and really do stand the test of time
  • I highly recommend the DeVilbiss Warm Steam Vaporizer to anyone especially to those with children to help bring comfort and relieve congestation brought about by colds and respiratory ailments

• by ascendant

Have you ever experienced getting a fever accompanied by clogged nose caused by colds? Well, I have and quite often too especially during the rainy season. Anyone who has gone through this knows how much of a hassle it can be. During times like this, I find that the bed is always a welcome refuge but what really makes me ease into a blissful state of slumber and allows my body that much needed rest is the warm steam that comes from a vaporizer. The steam combined with the smell of an aromatic inhalant is just so soothing and relaxing. When it comes to vaporizers though, my whole family relies on DeVilbiss Warm Steam Vaporizer Model 1200 and we like it so much that we keep at least two in our house.

The DeVilbiss Warm Steam Vaporizer

Model 1200 has been around the market for quite a long time because I remember using it so many times when I was younger. Now that I have my own family, it is still my go to brand of vaporizer despite the number of brands that have become available in the market over the years. I like DeVilbiss because their vaporizers are sturdy and heavy duty and really do stand the test of time. The one in my mother’s house has been with her for more than 10 years. The DeVilbiss vaporizer is manufactured in the U.S. and has a 1.25 gallon capacity which allows it to operate continuously for up to 10 hours. The temperature of steam it produces is warm and just right. Unless you put your face directly in front of the exhaust, it is never ...

• scalding. In terms of amount, the steam is never too little nor too much and it does not compete with the aircon. I use the vaporizer with the aircon on and the steam does not affect the cool atmosphere. I like that it is easy to clean and store. Maintenance is easy as I only clean it once every two weeks when in use. The vaporizer runs on 220v and does not require any special tool for it to operate. I am glad that it also has an Automatic Safety Shut-Off feature that stops the vaporizer from steaming when the water level drops below the operational level. Catching fire is one less thing I have to worry about. The shape of the DeVilbiss Vaporizer Model 1200 is weird and reminds me of a spaceship. Although it is far from
        stylish, the shape functions to help keep the gadget stable and resist tipping. In all these years that I have used my vaporizer and accidentally bumped it or kicked it, not once has it tipped over. I wish it could have come in a brighter and more vibrant color though like yellow or pink instead of the shabby white base and gray top.

When it comes to the aromatic inhalant to go with the vaporizer, I like using Rhea which I discovered when I asked the sales attendant at the drugstore for an alternative to the DeVilbiss inhalant. Both DeVilbiss Warm Steam Vaporizer and Rhea inhalant are available at all Mercury Drugstores nationwide. I highly recommend the DeVilbiss Warm Steam Vaporizer to anyone especially to those with children to help bring comfort and relieve congestation brought about by colds and respiratory ailments.

Lisa says :

HAVE HAD THE 1200 MODEL FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS….STILL WORKS GREAT, HOWEVER THE HEATING ELEMENT HAS SOME COROSION….HOW CAN I CLEAN IT?

Jules Li says :

Lisa, this is a link to a third-party website for the manual. It includes the steps on how to clean:

ron grosso says :

I have a model 1200D DeVilbiss Vaporizer. What is the wattage use.

catheriena says :

hi Ron i also had one and my wattage was about 400watts but read on your packaging

Dennis E. Doll says :

I have a Model 1200, but have lost the instructions. How do you clean it? Thanks……..

ascendant replies :

I clean my unit using tepid water and then I operate it the normal way but I add salt to the water.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426071208720131/k2311a0726/7.26.10