Tresseme Heat Defence Smooth Styling Spray  » Cosmetics  »
  • The best thing about this heat protecting spray is the smell
  • The product doesn't have a good level of hold, it is supposed to be natural and I found this was the case

• by Manal

The best thing about this heat protecting spray is the smell; it has a very fresh scent that mildly smells of floral, making the experience much better. You just want to spray it on your hair!

It says on spray it on damp hair and then straighten or blow dry it. If you are straightening it this really isn’t a good idea because you have to let dry first. When I sprayed my hair with this and allowed it to air dry, it became a poof ball and my hair usually does not poof or explode like it did. I then straightened my hair and it took forever to make my hair straight, again my hair usually takes 30 to 45

minutes to straighten, it is thick and down to my collarbone. This was really aggravating so I did not finish straightening my hair, it was unmanageable!

I then found out that it is best to spray it on hair just before straightening, I sprayed it on hair than was slightly damp and then straightened it. This worked really well; it did make my hair very smooth and very straight. I also did not feel as if my hair was being weighed down. I sprayed it on my hair after as well just to smoothen down my hair and it made it really soft to the touch and poker straight. I had found a way to use it properly!

I also used it on ...

• dry hair and it again worked well on dry hair making it straight, but also took longer to straighten instead of being much quicker.

I purchased the bottle for £3.04 from Sainsbury’s, it was on offer. The product doesn’t have a good level of hold, it is supposed to be natural and I found this was the case. When I curled my hair the curls didn’t last for more than an hour but collapsed into waves.

The good thing about this heat protector for me is that is it a multi tasker, it smoothes down the hair really well, protects the hair from burning while straightening or using any type of heat on the head. It also has a natural level

of hold. There are other bottles that have an ‘extra’ level of hold and also a ‘freeze’ level of hold which I may try. For the price it is not bad and also I used a lot of spray, including much more just for the scent and there is a lot of product left so it is good value for money.

I am not sure if the product moisturised hair, because since it made my hair really soft and manageable I am sure it did. I was left with poker straight hair that actually looked like my real hair. When I looked in ingredients, glycerine was the third ingredient which is a moisturiser, this I assume is what made my hair really soft.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126071208551231/k2311a0726/7.26.10