Philippine Airlines
1.5
  • As the plane was ready for take off, I noticed that all the stewardess were very old and had a horrible uniform to match
  • I know I'm being bad, but hey, that's what I saw
  • That was one experience I wouldn't like to repeat again

• by bloodberry

I’ve been a traveler since I was still in gradeschool. Out of all the many airlines I’ve ridden on, I must say that Philippine Airlines is the worst. Both domestic and international. I’m not kidding. Though I am Filipino, I cannot be proud with our airline since it is really out of date.

I mean, the plane itself, crew and services. I remember the time when my mom and I went to Australia for a long deserved vacation. Instead of flying Singapore Airlines, we opted to have a direct flight to Sydney thinking that it would save us more time and money. Upon entering our

international airport, everything seemed very disfunctional.

I guess tha’s what you get in living in a third world country. We were an hour early so as to save us the hassle of going through immigration. As we waited for our plane, it seemed like forever. When they came an hour late, they even made us wait for another hour.

By this time we were pissed off. But what can we do? Nothing! As soon as we got on the plane, there was a nauseating smell of oldness. The used to be red carpeted floor was almost black in color. As the plane was ready for ...

• take off, I noticed that all the stewardess were very old and had a horrible uniform to match.

They looked like my old principal back in high school. Their make up was overly done as if it was done in a funeral parlor. I know I’m being bad, but hey, that’s what I saw. Their service was also bad.

They charged for their coffee. In other airlines like Singapore Airlines, I asked for coffee three times and they didn’t charge me. I guess it’s all about making money. Nevermind the quality.

The food was very salty. The plane was very crappy too. It was very

tight. And mind you, I’m a small person but still I felt I was trapped in a box.

As we were approaching Australia, the head stewardess announced that we were near our destination. She said: “We are now approaching, Melbourne Sydney!” I was hysterical! When did Melbourne be part of Sydney? And since when did Sydney became a country? I was embarrassed that our international crew was not mentally equipped for the job. And to think there were foreigners on board. What will they think? As suspected, we arrived late.

When will they understand that time is of the essence? That was one experience I wouldn’t like to repeat again.

Philippine Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4026071208441231/k2311a0726/7.26.10