Kyocera Knives  » Housewares  »
  • And for me, I think it delivers on that promise
  • The disadvantage to these knives are the cost of them

• by Mary

The first time I ever even knew the existence of these knives were from this cooking show, Simply Ming with Ming Tsai. Once I saw it, I was hooked and I thought, I have to try them out. You can probably get them online on ebay or something, but the address or website that I pasted above has a good selection and sometimes, you can get some really good deals on it too.

Anyway, ceramic knives are these revolutionary knives that apparently don’t need

to be sharpened and they vow to be super sharp and precise. And for me, I think it delivers on that promise.

I have had mine for over 3 years and I haven’t had any problems with it. It’s super nice to handle because it is so light and it try is sharp.

It’s good to use to work on your cutting skills, but I often warn those who are not that familiar in the kitchen to ward away from it. Ceramic knives are ...

• picking up in popularity and there are so many different brands, but Kyocera is, I think, the authentic brand.

I’ve tried some other ones, or purchased some with such high hopes but the big difference is the thickness of the blade. If you are thinking about it, make sure to first buy the real deal.

The disadvantage to these knives are the cost of them. Just a paring knife can cost around $30.

And Everyone will tell you that should be handled with care.

If it is dropped or anything of that nature, the first to go will undoubtedly be the tip.

I personally swear by these knives. After picking up the stainless steel ones to use, I feel in comparison, the knives are heavier than the ceramic ones, and they are not as refined when cooking.

Of course there are going to be instances where you can’t use the ceramic knives, but I’m no butcher, so for me, the ceramic ones are my pride and joy in the kitchen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5326071208371231/k2311a0726/7.26.10