Garnier Gentle Clarifying Foam  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have seen the ads on TV and they mainly focused on the whitening effects of it, but I decided to go with the non whitening Gentle Clarifying foam
  • It could just be the one I bought but after a few days, it did not bother me at all

• by DreamsOfRuby

I tried the Garnier Gentle Clarifying Foam because I needed something cheap and available at the store. I’ve been using Loreal products like its Hydrafresh series and I am convinced that although the cheap Garnier price tag will be alright since it is a subsidiary of Loreal who also produces high end stuff like Estee Lauder.

I have seen the ads on TV and they mainly focused on the whitening effects of it, but I decided to go with the non whitening Gentle Clarifying foam. I knew its main selling

point was the lemon essence but I was not too sure if it will smell too much like dishwashing liquid. Thankfully, the smell was alright and in fact it does smell fresh.

I have been using some deep cleansing products in the past but they leave my skin dry, tight and a bit irritated so I have decided to switch to something gentle. I have a combination skin, with a slightly greasier T-zone compared to the rest of my face. So, my priority was that it cleans properly without leaving ...

• my skin too taut like some others do.

After few days of using this, I quite like it. It is not too drying although you may want to repeat the cleansing if you have heavier make up on or if your face feels a bit more greasy on a particular day. I do sometimes feel that I need to use some clarifying toner to remove bits of makeup residue that this cleanser does not completely remove. But I cannot complain as I needed something which cleans effectively enough and not make

my skin dry. As for the lemon essence and its whitening effect, I have not seen any noticeable change in skin color which is what I wanted.

I do however find the texture a bit weird compared to other gel, creamy type cleansers. It could just be the one I bought but after a few days, it did not bother me at all.

Overall, this is a really good product for its value. It is cheap and does the job well if you are not too picky and want an affordable everyday cleanser.

Garnier Gentle Clarifying Foam

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126071208161231/k2311a0726/7.26.10