Head Liquidmetal 8 Tennis Racket  » Sport  »
1.5
  • The first thing I noticed was the fairly large vibration dampener built awkwardly into the racket already
  • Since I was a fan of collecting different sorts of vibration dampeners, I was disappointed to know that the only vibration dampener that I could use was the large clear dampener that came with the racket
  • The only good that I found very pleasing with the Head Liquid Metal 8 was slicing

• by Chee154

I remember the third Christmas after starting to play tennis. I woke up that morning to find a fairly large rectangular box in under the Christmas tree in the living room. Guessing that it probably was I tennis racket from my tennis addict father, I anticipated and hoped that it would fit me well.

Upon opening the box, it revealed to by my very first advanced tennis racket, the Head Liquid Metal 8. The outer design of the racket itself is fairly normal and only slightly unique.

The first thing I noticed was the fairly large vibration dampener built awkwardly into the racket already. Since I was a fan of collecting different sorts of vibration dampeners, I was disappointed to know that the only vibration dampener that I could use was the large clear dampener that came with the racket.

When I went to the tennis courts a few days later to test out my new weapon of choice, it wasn’t what I had wished for, but still dramatically better than my old Wal-Mart ...

• racket. Hitting the forehand felt strange, the racket hit the ball like a wooden paddle hitting a ball of rubber bands.

It didn’t have that clean explosive sound that I preferred, but rather an electric shocking vibration that ran around the strings of the racket. Power seemed to be generated at an effort, and there was a sense of too much control.

It didn’t feel like I was hitting the strings, but a thin wire of steel instead. Though the backhand side felt much better, it still

had that strange feeling when hitting the ball.

Serving with racket was extremely uncomfortable, and had an unsatisfactory feel after a ball was served. Like the forehand and backhand, the serve had a less severe version of the strange sensation when hitting.

The only good that I found very pleasing with the Head Liquid Metal 8 was slicing. Every slice seemed to generate massive spin when contacted with the ball; it felt smooth and easy.

I personally don’t prefer this racket to use, unless your game revolves around a strong slice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3526071207971131/k2311a0726/7.26.10