Sony Walkman NW-E005 2GB Digital Player  » Electronics  »
2.0
  • Since I have always liked listening to music, playing to music, I pleaded with my parents that the best gift for me would be an mp3 player so that I could listen to my favorite music anywhere
  • Although I was very thankful and excited that I could now listen to music anywhere, I was a bit disappointed that they spent their money on a small USB designed looking mp3
  • So that when I’m somewhere where there isn’t exactly a computer to charge on, I would have wait until I found somewhere or someone that would let me borrow one to simply charge the mp3
  • In conclusion, I don’t recommend this mp3 for buying and personal use

• by Chee154

It was a exactly I received my very first mp3 player. Since I have always liked listening to music, playing to music, I pleaded with my parents that the best gift for me would be an mp3 player so that I could listen to my favorite music anywhere. And so on the Christmas day, I opened my gift box revealing a Sony Walkman NW-E005 2GB mp3 player.

Although I was very thankful and excited that I could now listen to music anywhere, I was a bit disappointed that they spent their money on a small USB designed looking mp3. It was a time where iPods and screened mp3 were being sold

everywhere, so I had initially wished for an mp3 with a fairly large screen (if not moderate sized).

However, since I would expect them to understand that desire, I never told them. So then it resulted in me receiving an mp3 with the screen size of .

25 inch by 1 inch. That was the first thing that I initially disliked about the Sony Walkman.

The memory capacity it had was ok for a first time mp3 user, but the process of getting music inside the mp3 was a large and complicated process. Instead of just copying pasting the music into the mp3 and syncing, the Sony Walkman required that you selected ...

• the music into a library, which then you had to select from that library which songs you would put into the mp3.

I personally found a distaste that getting one song into my mp3 would take an unnecessary long period of time. The sound quality of the mp3 was normal and nothing special, the different levels of sound output was not much different from the preset one they had.

But most of all, the most strange and difficult thing they had programmed with the mp3 was the turn off button. Actually, there is no turn off button; you simply press stop and wait for it to turn off.

I find that

extremely annoying to keep wondering “did I turn off the mp3 or not?” In addition, in order to recharge the mp3 you would have to plug the entire thing into a computer (it is basically a USB that plays music). So that when I’m somewhere where there isn’t exactly a computer to charge on, I would have wait until I found somewhere or someone that would let me borrow one to simply charge the mp3.

In conclusion, I don’t recommend this mp3 for buying and personal use. It is designed way to difficult and unnecessarily complicated.

For a new price of $100, there plenty of better, bigger, and prettier mp3s out there in the market.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1626071207961131/k2311a0726/7.26.10