Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (2009 Movie)  » Movies  »
  • That being said, this movie was absolutely amazing even without Imax, surround sound, and in 3D
  • So much of the movie was original and fun that it would definitely be worth buying to watch over and over again
  • I can't say much about the theater experience, as I never went, but it seemed like something that would be fun to watch in 3D as well

• by Naoto

First off, I did not go to see this in theaters. I waited until it was available through Netflix streaming before I actually saw it. That being said, this movie was absolutely amazing even without Imax, surround sound, and in 3D. It’s based off a children’s book, and according to a friend of mine who actually read it when she was little, the movie is nothing like the book. However, I’ve never even seen the book, so I have no idea there.

It’s about a not-so-great inverter

name Flint Lockwood who only wants to create something that will help the world. He comes up with a miraculous invention that has the ability to turn water into food, but accidentally sends it into the sky. Since clouds are made of water, the clouds begin to fuel the machine and it begins to rain food. Though everything seems like a dream at first, the food begins to grow out of proportion and Flint has to stop the invention.

The plot, as you can tell, is rather ...

• original. It’s funny and inventive as well, and the computer-rendered visuals are colorful and charming. Quite a few of the jokes really stuck with me and got a good laugh out of myself and everyone I was watching it with. I also really liked the music and voice acting, as they really seemed to flesh out the movie. So much of the movie was original and fun that it would definitely be worth buying to watch over and over again!

The movie is so out-there and bizarrely

funny it’s incredibly unique. Not to mention it would be a fun thing to watch with the entire family, as the jokes seem to be just as effective to adults as it is to kids and teens. I can’t say much about the theater experience, as I never went, but it seemed like something that would be fun to watch in 3D as well. To me, this was a thoroughly enjoyable movie that the entire family could enjoy and get quite a few laughs out of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1126071207501031/k2311a0726/7.26.10