Brisbane Airport, Australia  » Travel  »
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
  • Brisbane airport is relatively small and this makes it one of my favourite airports
  • The selection of duty free shops, bars and restaurants once airside is not exactly the best, but this cannot be expected at a smallish airport such as Brisbane
  • One poor aspect of the airport is that free internet is very hard to find, I think it doesn’t exist at all

• by reviewwriter

Having lived in Brisbane for the past eighteen months I have had the opportunity to pass through Brisbane Airport (www.bne.com.au) on a significant number of occasions.

Brisbane airport is relatively small and this makes it one of my favourite airports. For me the smaller the airport and the lesser number of passengers the better. It’s quite a breeze to get through and you normally have no hassles at all.

I normally find that check-in queues are short and the check-in staff are friendly and helpful. Though as in all airports in Australia you certainly have to be careful with

the weight of your luggage. Australians are well known for being 100% strict on the weight of your bags, and they never show any common sense, perhaps they are too scared to make decisions for themselves so always follow the rules to the letter.

Going through security and immigration is normally fast, perhaps a ten minute queue. Again I have found the staff to be friendly; they do their best to get you through as quickly as possible.

The selection of duty free shops, bars and restaurants once airside is not exactly the best, but this cannot be expected at a ...

• smallish airport such as Brisbane. There are enough shops to pass thirty minutes or so. Late at night, when a lot of flights depart for Asia, very few of the restaurants and shops are actually open. One poor aspect of the airport is that free internet is very hard to find, I think it doesn’t exist at all. This is quite unusual for an international airport.

I must say that the last time I arrived in Brisbane, a Saturday morning around 10am; the arrivals area was completely packed. The queues for immigration and customs were horrendously long, snaking through the

arrivals area. I guess I queued for fifteen minutes at immigration and around the same length of time at customs.

Generally, for me, going through customs is straightforward. My baggage is very rarely even x-rayed anymore. A far cry from the scenes on the popular television programme, Border Security.

My conclusion is that generally Brisbane airport is more efficient at getting customers through the airport when departing than when arriving. My opinion of the airport is that it is one of the most pleasant international airports, though on occasions there can be quite a build up of queues, especially when arriving into Brisbane.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3826071207471031/k2311a0726/7.26.10