So You Think You Can Dance - Top Six Perform TV Show  » TV  »
  • The judges had a hard time critiquing it, but I thought it was lovely
  • I think Adechike did the better of the two
  • It was interesting, but not necessarily the best dance

• by Orrymain

This was So You Think You Can Dance’s 150th episode according to host Cat Deeley. That’s great, but her dress wasn’t. Talk about tacky — yuck. On the plus side, the show had a special fourth guest judge, Kenny Ortega. That was fun. What wasn’t fun was the obvious news that there was yet another injury, the third week in a row in which that has happened. This time it was front runner Billy Bell, so he goes straight to the bottom three. Nigel had a great joke about teaming up with Mark Burnett

to do Survivor: The Dance Off.

The dancers had three routines to do on this evening. Jose, in his first routine with pro Alison, was actually quite nice, almost ethereal. The dance was done all on the edge of the stage. The judges had a hard time critiquing it, but I thought it was lovely. Not everything has to be leaps and jumps over the center of the stage.

Farm boy Kent, my favorite, did a great routine with his pro, Katherine. The audience was a hoot, the young fans screaming out their love for Kent. He ...

• wore me out just watching the dance.

I loved Robert’s solo dance to the song Parachutes, and apparently this show was on his 20th birthday. He did good.

There was a powerful routine in the third dance where they had, for the first time, two males doing the paso doble. The two were Adechike and Jose. I think Adechike did the better of the two. He had more drama in my opinion. I didn’t really like what I’ll call the vague ending. It was interesting, but not necessarily the best dance.

The show finished with a tremendous bang with

Kent and Twitch doing the first step dance routine on the show. It was to have been with the injured Billy. In fact, my heart stopped a little when I heard Kent would be dancing with the dynamic Twitch, but wow, he was incredible. He had all the judges saying he was the person to beat in the competition. Not bad for the small town boy who was a long shot at the beginning. I’m just hoping he continues to work hard and stay in the competition.

So, this was another solid show. I love this season.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025071206761231/k2311a0725/7.25.10