Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea: The Left-Handed Man TV Show  » TV  »
  • Personally, I think it was Basehart wanting to catch up to Hedison on the show kiss count

• by Orrymain

From 1965, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea: The Left-Handed Man was a second year show, the sixth of the season actually. The series starred Richard Basehart as Admiral Nelson and David Hedison, my favorite, as Captain Crane.

Following are a handful of observations about this show:

–This stands out to me a lot, but never more so in the first two seasons than on this one. I’m referring to the movements of the people when on

the flying sub. They didn’t always match the action that the viewer was seeing. They really overdo the actions on this contraption anyway. I call it over directing. Someone obviously felt that the actors had to list dramatically one way or the other for us to realize they were doing a course change, but in this show, it’s a mess.

–This bugged me somewhat. In the shop, with the man aiming and preparing to ...

• shoot, Nelson and Tippy just stand there until after the guy shoots. Worse, how the left handed man missed is beyond me. They were standing, static targets, and he wasn’t that far away.

–Tippy kisses Nelson for following through on her request. Personally, I think it was Basehart wanting to catch up to Hedison on the show kiss count. It was dumb and unbelievable. A kiss for the sake of a kiss is pointless.

–It’s

amazing how easy it is to get to the Seaview in its Santa Barbara dock. Security is lacking in a big way. It’s the one thing I just can’t get over.

–The guest cast was pretty good: Cyril Delevanti, Regis Toomey, Barbara Bouchet as the kissing Tippy, and Charles Dierkop as the title character. He didn’t really have to act much. He just had to aim and shoot a lot.

Overall, it was an average episode.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025071206431231/k2311a0725/7.25.10