Ice Road Truckers: Danger at 55 Below TV Show  » TV  »
  • I think one of the reasons is that there is a little less emphasis on Hugh Rowland, known as the polar bear
  • There were some interesting elements to the episode as noted below
  • I guess he's done it many times before, but I thought it was stupid and he's lucky that he didn't get his throat slit

• by Orrymain

I really enjoy watching the History Channel’s Ice Road Truckers series, especially this season. I think one of the reasons is that there is a little less emphasis on Hugh Rowland, known as the polar bear. His ridiculous and near constant use of profanity just turns me off big time. He’s colorful, he’s proud, and he knows his stuff,

but I just don’t want to watch him every second especially considering his constant swearing. Tonight’s episode was called Danger at 55 Below.

There were some interesting elements to the episode as noted below:

–My favorite driver is Lisa Kelly, who is trying to upgrade her status, proving herself capable of doing the big hauls. Tonight’s show had her dealing with a truck stop and getting a ticket for not having enough triangles in her emergency gear. Oops. But the neat thing was that the show also focused on another woman who wants to follow Lisa’s footsteps in a sense. A gal named Leah is a new pilot car driver. I liked seeing her perspective. She made a mistake ...

• Ice Road Truckers: Danger at 55 Below TV Show
      with her CB, and one mistake could lead to disaster. I hope she gets a handle on it and moves forward.

–The polar bear’s good friend and challenger is Alex, and he picked up a hitchhiker. I guess he’s done it many times before, but I thought it was stupid and he’s lucky that he didn’t get his throat slit.

–They showed

some of the road crews intentionally causing snow slides and mini avalanches in order to keep the roads safe from unintentional snowfalls. This was awesome camera work: what a sight.

This was one of the more interesting episodes of the series. There was a lot going on that wasn’t just hype, and this show does a lot of hype as a rule.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025071206361131/k2311a0725/7.25.10