Purina One Smart Blend: Lamb & Rice Formula dog food  » Pets  »
  • One of the first things I noticed about the dog food was a bit of an aroma when I opened the package

• by Orrymain

Recently, I tested out Purina One Smart Blend: Lamb & Rice Formula dog food on my mid-size dogs to see what they thought about it and how I felt about this product.

Purina calls this a brilliance that is the result of combining nature and science. That’s what they mean by smart blend. This Lamb

& Rice formula claims to have as its number one ingredient real lamb. That’s in addition to antioxidants, glucosamine, and Omega 6. Some of these can be very helpful for dogs. The package proclaims that the formula’s smart blend contains both tender and crunchy pieces.

One of the first things I noticed about the dog food was a bit of an aroma when I opened the package. It’s not one that I like. It smells like the stereotypical dog food, and that’s not really very pleasant for me as the human. The aroma remains, too, in that package.

The dog pieces were small, which I and my dogs ...

• Purina One Smart Blend: Lamb & Rice Formula dog food
      prefer. There wasn’t a lot of crumble, which I feel is good. I really didn’t notice many of those so called tender pieces, though. I’m not saying they weren’t there, but most of what I noticed were harder, crunchier bites.

Now one of my dogs is a little sensitive to different foods, so I

gave her some of this more cautiously. She liked it and hasn’t had any negative reactions to it, so that makes me trust the quality of this particular product.

I wish they’d do something to improve or eliminate that aroma, but other than that, I’m satisfied with the product and might buy it in the future.

Trudi Maish says :

Please tell me the serving size for dogs weighing 25-30lbs. per day.

John says :

1-1/2 to 2-1/4 cups. This is the proper amount for dogs between 21 and 35 pounds.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2925071206251131/k2311a0725/7.25.10