The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Jar TV Show
  • The last time we saw Dale she was playing a banshee, so I consider this a step down for her
  • Paul Le Mat portrayed Thedy's husband, Charlie, who is somewhat unpopular and definitely has self-esteem problems
  • Le Mat played the part well in my opinion
  • Yes, there's some intrigue, and yes, the ending has an eerie effect, but the subject matter didn't agree with me

• by Orrymain

The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Jar is one of the weird ones that I just don’t like much at all. One viewing was one too many, but I actually watched it twice anyway. The Jar aired in January 1992 and featured Jennifer Dale as Thedy, a self-involved, totally unfeeling woman. The last time we saw Dale she was playing a banshee, so I consider this a step down for her. That’s

how much I didn’t like this particular episode or her character.

Paul Le Mat portrayed Thedy’s husband, Charlie, who is somewhat unpopular and definitely has self-esteem problems. He buys the jar for which the show is named, doing so from a carnival owner. What’s in the contents? Well, that’s pretty much the question. The gunk inside looks like insides of some creature, but no one really knows what it is.

Le Mat played ...

• the part well in my opinion. He was sort of a country hick, disheveled, and just existing in a crazy world.

For some weird reason, the town seems to think this jar is fascinating, and people start thinking that the contents are something personal to them. Personally, that grossed me out. Listening to someone talk about the kitten they killed or the baby they lost and thinking that was the contents of the

jar was, well, disgusting.

I suppose that there is some justice to the end of The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Jar, but I really didn’t care. Yes, there’s some intrigue, and yes, the ending has an eerie effect, but the subject matter didn’t agree with me.

The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Jar just isn’t my type of story. I will admit it had a couple of fascinating moments but overall, I just didn’t have a good time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025071206191131/k2311a0725/7.25.10