So You Think You Can Dance - One of Six Voted Off TV Show
  • Well, actually, the title is a misnomer, and I'm not sure that I agree with the decision for the One of Six Voted Off episode of So You Think You Can Dance
  • In all honesty, I think it was a bad move, and if this happens again, they have to do the same thing to be fair

• by Orrymain

Well, actually, the title is a misnomer, and I’m not sure that I agree with the decision for the One of Six Voted Off episode of So You Think You Can Dance.

The five dancing competitors opened the show with an entertaining, Bob Fosse number. I liked this routine, and it was a good opening for the show.

Cat Deeley’s outfit was much better tonight than last night, too. I don’t know who is in charge of what she wears, but she looked like a ribbon topping for a Christmas present last night.

Before the show got going much further, they did a Denise Jefferson

tribute. I don’t really know who she is, but from the package piece, she was big in the dance world. I do like that this show continues to be a voice for dance of all kinds and to acknowledge other’s contributions and talents.

There were special performances and such, but the crux of the show was to announce which two dancers would be in the bottom three with Billy Bell, who was automatically in the bottom having chosen not to dance the night before. Here’s the thing. This is the third week that there has been an injury, but unlike the ...

• prior two, Billy was told he could dance if he wanted to and felt okay. Billy said he didn’t, so he didn’t dance.

In the past, if an injured dancer didn’t dance, they usually got sent home. However, for the first time in the show’s history, the judges didn’t send anyone home. They kept Bell and the other two in the bottom.

I have an issue with this. I like Billy. He’s darn good, but as judge Nigel pointed out himself, he now has an extra week’s rest that the other performers haven’t had. He was cleared to dance, after

all. Billy’s been a standout and a top contender. Was it fair for the judges to let him walk through when the others all had to perform 3 routines last night?

In all honesty, I think it was a bad move, and if this happens again, they have to do the same thing to be fair. They like Billy, and in the past, this show has been excruciatingly fair. I’m worried now that this might change. I do like their flexibility, but still, this turn concerns me.

I don’t know, and it’s left me with uncertainty about the season as the finale approaches.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025071206181131/k2311a0725/7.25.10