The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Martian TV Show  » TV  »
  • Again, I won't spoil the ins and outs of this episode or the resolution, but I found it to be different and intriguing

• by Orrymain

While watching this February 1992 The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Martian episode, I was never sure where the story was going to lead. I kept making assumptions that proved not to be exactly correct. I liked that and maybe that’s why I kept watching and trying to anticipate the next move.

Bradbury loves to write about the planet Mars. He’s done numerous episodes of this series based on his works,

and sometimes these stories aired back to back. Sometimes the Martians are there and sometimes not. He really takes a variety of approaches about what that planet might be like.

In this episode, earthlings now reside on Mars, but the Martians aren’t there. There really isn’t a lot of explanation on that except for a mention of some folklore about some Martians still being out there.

Ultimately, what the story is ...

• about is a couple living on Mars whose adult son, Tom, died about a year ago on Earth. Then, poof, Tom shows up. It’s very odd at first, but once it becomes clear what is happening, there’s something endearing about it.

Again, I won’t spoil the ins and outs of this episode or the resolution, but I found it to be different and intriguing. While not really caring at first,

I ended up having a variety of positive feelings about Tom by the end.

Tom was played by Paul Clemens, who did a very nice job. He gave the part the mystery that it needed in order to be successful.

Overall, this show was very watchable and is one of the few I’d really like to see again, if only to maybe pick up some things that I might have missed the first time around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025071206161131/k2311a0725/7.25.10