The Fox and the Hound 2: The Making of the Music - Behind the Scenes featurette  » Movies  »
  • I really love The Fox and the Hound 2, an animated feature film from Walt Disney Studios
  • They talk about Dixie just as if she were a person in any of Reba's other films, and I like that
  • The song is friendship oriented, and I love how the group chimes in with that attitude as well
  • The featurette takes us inside the studio for some of the recording, which I think is superb

• by Orrymain

I really love The Fox and the Hound 2, an animated feature film from Walt Disney Studios. I’ve never seen the original The Fox and the Hound, but this sequel I had to see because my favorite actor, the late and so incredibly awesome Patrick Swayze, voiced the character of Cash. He even sings in this, and that made my heart sing because I just love his vocals.

This featurette, The Making of the Music - Behind

the Scenes, gives viewers a lot of information on how the music for this movie came about. It’s done in a very entertaining way as well and has a lot of inserts from the film as songs are discussed. In this way, we’re able to see the impetus for the song with the final result. It’s a great technique in my opinion.

Contributing to the featurette are several of the character voices and singers, including Reba ...

• McEntire. She voices Dixie, the lead female dog who is in love with Cash. They talk about Dixie just as if she were a person in any of Reba’s other films, and I like that.

Trisha Yearwood and Jeff Foxworthy, who voices Lyle, both comment on the music and how things happened. Also chiming in is Josh Gracin, who does Hound Dude, which is just a terrific piece.

The big end song of the movie is a

very upbeat tune called We go Together, which is sung by Little Big Town. The song is friendship oriented, and I love how the group chimes in with that attitude as well.

The featurette takes us inside the studio for some of the recording, which I think is superb.

There is much more in this featurette. It’s a fun time in watching and learning about the musicians and such that made the music in the film come about.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125071206101131/k2311a0725/7.25.10