Sergeants Flea & Tick Powder for dogs  » Pets  »
  • I paid $5.49CDN for this powder and hoped it would work
  • When I opened the plastic top of Sergeants Flea & Tick Powder I found I had to shake the product out much like you would a jar of baby powder

• by Melissa Glenn

Our dog got flea’s for the first time in years and after the medicated anti-flea shampoo from the Veterinarian failed to work I went to our local supermarket in desperation. The pet section there is not very big, but a sales clerk I suggested I buy Sergeants Flea & Tick Powder for dogs. Sergeants is a trusted name in over the counter pet care products and I could remember buying several of their products a few years back. I paid $5.49CDN for this powder and hoped it would work.

The active ingredients in this Flea & Tick Powder

are Cabaryl which inhibits more fleas from hosting on the dog and also inhibits further eggs from hatching. The other ingredient is Altropine which is meant to bring soothing relieve to a dogs reddenned skin which is irritated from flea bites. The label warned us that this powder is not suitable for dogs under 12 weeks old and that it should not come into contact with the eyes, inside the ears, or the genital area.

When I opened the plastic top of Sergeants Flea & Tick Powder I found I had to shake the product out much like ...

• you would a jar of baby powder. It had a slight medicinal odor but I didn’t find it offensive at all. I shook some in my hands and began to rub it over my dog. Now mind you it took quite a bit of work to work this powder through her back down to her skin but she didn’t seem to mind at all. Even when I gently rubbed the powder down her legs and over her tummy where her fur is much thinner she didn’t whine or complain so I knew this grey like powder had
        to feel soothing.

After applying this Flea & Tick Powder three times over a 10 day period I am pleased to report that my dog is flea free. We used a flea comb and found no eggs or fleas at all. Bear in mind that this powder is not an instant fix, and you may have to use it twice a week for up to 3 weeks to totally remove all fleas from your dog. That said Sergeants Flea & Tick Powder for dogs is a good inexpensive product and better than anything I have ever bought from the Veterinary office.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2923071205180931/k2311a0723/7.23.10