Hunt’s Four Cheese Spaghetti Sauce
1.5
  • This spaghetti sauce cost just eighty-eight cents and it's cheaper than pretty much every other spaghetti sauce sold down the pasta aisle
  • Really, none of Hunt's flavored spaghetti sauces are impressive, although at least the Chunky Veggie variety has a slightly different flavor to the spaghetti sauce, and that's more than I can say about this spaghetti sauce, quite unfortunately
  • I purchased this spaghetti sauce because I thought it sounded good
  • It ultimately disappointed me in taste, but in terms of thickness, it was fine
  • I definitely won't be purchasing this spaghetti sauce again as it lacked pretty much any cheese flavor and so it's really nothing but traditional-tasting spaghetti sauce in a can that reads Four Cheese

• by CirclingCanvas

Although not always true, the old expression that a person gets what he or she pays for is sometimes true. This spaghetti sauce cost just eighty-eight cents and it’s cheaper than pretty much every other spaghetti sauce sold down the pasta aisle. For eighty-eight cents, one sure doesn’t get a spaghetti sauce that’s rich and cheesy.

In fact, this spaghetti sauce tastes a lot like traditional spaghetti sauce that isn’t flavored with anything special. If someone purchased this

spaghetti sauce and gave me a dish of pasta with this spaghetti sauce on top of it, I would never in a million years have guessed that it’s supposed to have the flavor of four cheeses.

It’s that ordinary. Really, none of Hunt’s flavored spaghetti sauces are impressive, although at least the “Chunky Veggie” variety has a slightly different flavor to the spaghetti sauce, and that’s more than I can say about this spaghetti sauce, quite unfortunately.

I purchased ...

• this spaghetti sauce because I thought it sounded good. It ultimately disappointed me in taste, but in terms of thickness, it was fine.

It wasn’t watery, but it wasn’t super thick either. It clung to the pasta fairly well.

It had the flavor of regular, traditional spaghetti sauce, and if that had been what I was expecting, then I wouldn’t have been disappointed, but that’s obviously not what I was looking to have. I definitely won’t be purchasing

this spaghetti sauce again as it lacked pretty much any cheese flavor and so it’s really nothing but traditional-tasting spaghetti sauce in a can that reads “Four Cheese”.

For that reason, this spaghetti sauce is deserving of a “3″ rating. If I want spaghetti sauce that is just pure spaghetti sauce with no other flavors added, I’ll just pick up a can of traditional or original spaghetti sauce.

I’ll end up with the exact same tasting spaghetti sauce.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723071205090931/k2311a0723/7.23.10