Phoenix’s album - Amadeus
  • When I first heard Phoenix's new songs off of 'Amadeus' I found it to be absolutely amazing
  • Although I found that after thorough listening, almost every song on the album began to sound the same
  • Which makes it get boring and tiring after a while
  • Ha, so may I recommend you give a few of the tracks a listen on youtube etc. , before you purchase it
  • I don't regret getting the entire album because I'm glad I experienced it so I could form my opinion and give my piece to other people who may as well be interested in it

• by andrea.michelle

When I first heard Phoenix’s new songs off of ‘Amadeus’ I found it to be absolutely amazing. My favorite tracks off it would have to be ‘Fences, and 1901′ the most popular tracks indeed. Although I found that after thorough listening, almost every song on the album began to sound the same.. Which makes it get boring and tiring after a while. Not something I look forward to exactly when listening to music. It’s a little too poppy for my likings.. Although here and there I do find myself

listening to ‘1901′ etc. It is good music. Just not when listening to the entire album.

His style of music and vocals are right.. Just the melody of each and every song are so similar.. I’d like something from them a little less poppy and with a little more edge. I had a hard time getting myself to listen to the entire album.. after the third track it all just became.. blah. It’s just not very original. They had the right idea going for music and everything; it just ...

• tends to bother me after a while. It all begins to sound like racket and makes me feel like my head of the verge of exploding. Ha, so may I recommend you give a few of the tracks a listen on youtube etc., before you purchase it. I don’t regret getting the entire album because I’m glad I experienced it so I could form my opinion and give my piece to other people who may as well be interested in it. Like I said, it’s somewhat lame to me.
        Not what I was hoping for.. I was a quite disappointed. And the fact that they sell and overplay it in Hollister makes it a lot less cool for me. Also, the fact that the track ‘1901′ has become so mainstream. Now I bet all the rest of their music will be similar and mainstream as well.

Too much repetition and similarity, not enough originality and freshness if you ask me.

So I wouldn’t exactly recommend it to you. Now you have my input, so just take a listen and decide for yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1423071204830831/k2311a0723/7.23.10