Cambell’s Chunky Prime Rib & Vegetable Soup
2.5
  • I also wasn't the only one to experience this because my friends at work ran into the same problem
  • The soup cost me $1.99 at a local grocery superstore, and from watching the advertisements on television I assumed that Campbell's products were more hearty and filled with chunks of delicious meat in every bite
  • Unfortunately I was in for a crude surprise
  • The only thing I can say in the defense of this soup is that the carrots themselves tasted very good and the broth was delicious, not too dense but not too sloppy either, so despite being upset at the lack of meat I had no problem finishing it

• by Average Joey

As soon as I heated one of these and took the first few bites, I knew that I had to warn other people. Whatever you do, do not buy this product! The entire can had only 3 chunks of meat in it and the bulk of the vegetables were carrots. This is the soup that is seemingly filled with chunks of meat on the picture that is labeled on the can. I also wasn’t the only

one to experience this because my friends at work ran into the same problem. It seems that Campbell’s is just too stingy with their prime ribs.

The soup cost me $1.99 at a local grocery superstore, and from watching the advertisements on television I assumed that Campbell’s products were more hearty and filled with chunks of delicious meat in every bite. Unfortunately I was in for a crude surprise. Had I known that I was going to ...

• get the same outcome you get when you buy a No Name brand soup, I would have done just that and saved myself a dollar.

The only thing I can say in the defense of this soup is that the carrots themselves tasted very good and the broth was delicious, not too dense but not too sloppy either, so despite being upset at the lack of meat I had no problem finishing it.

As an alternative,

I would suggest puritan or habitant products instead, simply because they have never failed me as far as their meat content goes. At the very least stay away from prime rib and vegetable soup if you have to go with a Campbell’s product, perhaps try steak and potato or clam chowder.

P.S. Be very careful with the pop-off lid on the can, it opens without much trouble but is very sharp at the edges and may end up cutting you!

Jamie says :

I have had some cans with less meat than I had expected, but the soup was still good. But if you take the time to look at the nutritional facts, this soup is literally twice as healthy for you than their other soups in just about every way, aside from a little bit more sugar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723071204820831/k2311a0723/7.23.10