Queens Ice and Bowl, Bayswater, London Horrible Experience
0.5
Queens Ice and Bowl, 17 Queensway, Bayswater, London, W2 4QP
  • Another fact that I found annoying was that half of the rink did not have handles around it, just wall
  • He saw her very well, in front of him, speed up to cut her way, she panicked as he was a few centimetres in front of her and in her attempt to avoid him, she turned around and fall down
  • It was the most disappointing part of our overall really bad experience at The Queens Ice and Bowl
  • Our day was screwed up by The Queens Ice and Bowl in Queens Park and I would not recommend it to NO ONE

• by DinahJ

This weekend my partner’s sister came to visit us in London. The three of us decided to go ice-skating on Sunday. My partner is not a huge ice-skating fan and for that reason only, we have chosen to go to The Queens Ice and Bowl.

We phoned the place to see if we have to book the bowling and the response was that they are ‘extremely busy’ between 2pm and 4 pm and we were ‘strongly advised’ to book the bowling for either half an hour or for an hour.

We arrived at the Queens Ice and Bowl at 12.30pm and we were very surprised to find out that ALL of the bowling lanes free… Anyway, we thought that it is lunch time and did not pay much attention to that fact. As advised, we have booked our bowling lane for half an hour (that we thought was just approximate time that they put for one game) and went to the ice-rink. The reception staff was polite but the ice-rink staff was extremely rude – “please”, “thank you”, “excuse me” and other words like that was completely foreign to them. I

felt guilty for even being there and causing them the hassle of changing my shoes with ice-skates!!

Finally, we went into the ice-rink. To my surprise, it wasn’t as big as the ice-rink at Alexandra Palace, even though it was nearly twice as expensive as there. Another fact that I found annoying was that half of the rink did not have handles around it, just wall… If I was a beginner, I would have hated it. My partner does not like ice-skating anyway and the lack of handles on half of the rink was even a bigger turn-off for him. The ice-skating crew was as unpleasant as the rest of the staff in the ice-skating department… Except helping the people who was falling down, the ice-skating crew was too busy showing off their ‘superb skating skills’ as well as how fast were they. One of the male crews was even speed skating in front of the people (mainly females), cutting their way, which was the reason my partner’s sister fall down quite badly. He saw her very well, in front of him, speed up to cut her way, she panicked as ...

• he was a few centimetres in front of her and in her attempt to avoid him, she turned around and fall down. Instead of helping customers, the crew were causing mess and then laughed their head of when someone falls down. The three of us were completely disguised!

During the break time, we went to the cafe at the Queens Ice and Bowl and found four choices of ice creams, a couple of sandwich choices and Panini. That was all… their displays were nearly empty! So we had to go out to eat. The ladies toilets were smelly, dirty, the floor was covered in papers, the bins have not been empties for a good few days and I simply decided to hold, rather than using them!

As we have finished at the ice-skating, we went to the bowling at 4.15pm, the time when they said that we have to book as it was “extremely busy”. Only 2 other lanes were engaged and there was no queue either… We paid £26.50 for the three of us for half an hour bowling, assuming that this is just an approximate time for one game.

We started to play straight away, no messing around. The barriers along the lane were up and my partner went to the reception to ask if they can put them down. After 8minutes of waiting, as the staff were pretended to be very busy and ignored him, he came back and put them down by hand. We were on our last round them our time was up (30min on the dot) and they ended the game prematurely. Since when do we pay bowling per time, and not per game?!?! We haven’t even found out who won the game!! It was the most disappointing part of our overall really bad experience at The Queens Ice and Bowl.

Our day was screwed up by The Queens Ice and Bowl in Queens Park and I would not recommend it to NO ONE! If you want to have a horrible day out, pay unreasonable prices, receive extremely bad service, being shout at from the ice-skating staff and ignored from the reception staff while your bowling staff is ticking off, The Queens Ice and Bowl is the place to go… They’ll do all that for you at once!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5923071204810831/k2311a0723/7.23.10