Microsoft Zune 80gb  » Electronics  »
  • The music quality of the Zune is very good, but unfortunately there is no option for custom EQ settings
  • I found this easy to get used to, but I can see where former Ipod owners would have potential to get confused about this easily
  • If you don't mind spending $15 USD a month to buy a Zune Marketplace Pass, I would strongly recommend that you buy this
  • In my opinion this is better than an Ipod

• by wes200

I got my Microsoft Zune 80gigabyte about 2 and a half years ago and I still love it. I had the option of choosing either this or the comparable Apple Ipod Video 80gb, and I chose the Zune. I am still glad that I made that decision.

The Zune comes with ample space to store all of your favorite songs, videos, and podcasts. It even has capability for games which can be downloaded free from the Zune Marketplace, or can be downloaded from the internet. With Microsoft XNA game studio, Microsoft gives you the power to write your own Zune games. The music quality of the Zune is very good, but unfortunately there is no option for custom EQ settings. The Zune organizes the music into Songs, Artists, Albums, and

Genres. No matter what you are looking for, you will always be able to find the song you are looking for in a breeze. The videos are organized in a very similar manner.

As for the controls it may take a little bit of time getting used to. The Zune mainly uses a front circular scroll pad, which unlike the Ipod’s, you scroll up and down or side to side with your thumb as opposed to in a circular wheel-like motion on the Ipod. I found this easy to get used to, but I can see where former Ipod owners would have potential to get confused about this easily. In addition to this scroll pad, the Zune has a back button on the left side and a play/pause button on ...

• the right side. It also has a lock slider on top so when you accidentally press a button nothing happens. I use this all the time when my Zune is in my pocket because the scroll pad can be easy to bump.

The included Zune software is also very user friendly. It is also very easy to get set up with. You tell it which folders on your computer to search in for music files and it automatically checks that and pulls new music from it every time the software is opened. I just told it to look in My Music and now I never have to worry about it again. It is really that simple. The Zune Marketplace, which can be accessed through the software, is also a very useful

place to buy music. If you don’t mind spending $15 USD a month to buy a Zune Marketplace Pass, I would strongly recommend that you buy this. It allows you to download and listen to all the music you can download, and even keep 10 of those songs. If you are unsure of spending the money for the first time, Microsoft allows you a free trial of the Zune Pass services.

Overall the Microsoft Zune 80gb has been a very good music player for me, even for 2 and a half years of owning it. I would recommend this to anybody who wants a very user friendly and powerful music player, and isn’t stuck on having the more popular option of the Ipod. In my opinion this is better than an Ipod.

Microsoft Zune 80gb

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623071204610831/k2311a0723/7.23.10