American Seed Company Seeds  » Other  »
2.0
  • The problem is, neither of those seed packets produced anything
  • Now that I know I finally have a productive garden, I can honestly say I will not buy seeds from this company again

• by Review Vigilante

I have had problems growing a garden the past couple of years because of the number of trees in my backyard. However, last fall, I took the majority of trees out of the yard and now have enough light for a garden to grow. And, with the price of food constantly going up, I took advantage of that by planting quite a few things back there.

While shopping for seeds and plants, I picked up two packets of seeds from the brand American Seed

Company. One was for lima beans and the other was for zucchini.

I had hoped to get the lima beans because most of the people in my house like them. I’m actually not a huge zucchini fan.

But, that was one thing that did grow when we had the trees back there so I figured, if everything else failed to grow, I would at least be able to say I had that. The problem is, neither of those seed packets produced anything.

I got ...

• about two lima bean plants out of a whole packet of seeds. Those never flowered and I finally gave up on them last weekend since, even if they did produce, it wouldn’t be enough to make them worth the effort.

The zucchini were a different story. They didn’t come up at all.

I planted four hills in a very sunny part of the garden and made sure they were well watered and I didn’t get one plant. Normally, I would assume it was my

garden itself.

But, every other thing that was planted, including some seeds that had been in my storage shed for about two years, came up and I was able to harvest stuff off of those. So, I can only assume it was the seeds.

I also kept a close eye out to make sure there weren’t any critters digging them up and there was no evidence of that. Now that I know I finally have a productive garden, I can honestly say I will not buy seeds from this company again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1222071204151131/k2311a0722/7.22.10