Biotene Dry Mouth Mouthwash
  • My hopes for this mouthwash were that it would help me with my bad breath problem and prevent me from having soreness in my gums
  • Anyway, finally I found this Biotene one at Safeway
  • No, I do not actually do this with ketchup, but I think you get my point
  • Anyway, I’ve been using this mouthwash for a couple of weeks now and I can say that even during the day even when it’s been hours and hours since I used it I experience no or very little soreness or discomfort in my mouth

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I’m not really sure I have dry mouth, that is I’ve not been diagnosed with this condition. I was just looking for an alcohol free mouthwash. I apologize in advance to anyone who has this condition and wants to know if this product is a good treatment for it.

My hopes for this mouthwash were that it would help me with my bad breath problem and prevent me from having soreness in my gums. In general, mouth washes that have alcohol in them do not address these problems for me very well. In particular, the fresh breath feeling disappears quickly. I had actually heard that the alcohol is responsible for this because it turns to sugar in the mouth and invites bacteria that causes bad breath. For some reason I’ve had difficulty lately with finding alcohol

free mouthwashes. If you ask me, they should all be alcohol free. Anyway, finally I found this Biotene one at Safeway.

This mouthwash is probably the most expensive I have ever bought. It was around eight dollars. I figured at that price there must be something to it. One feature that I immediately liked when I went to use it for the first time is that I don’t have to pour it into the cap to use it. Like a plastic ketchup bottle I can just flip open the lid and squirt a small amount into my mouth and begin rinsing. No, I do not actually do this with ketchup, but I think you get my point. Anyway, this feature makes me more comfortable with the idea of sharing it with other household members. I also like ...

• that because it’s a squeeze bottle, there’s not going to be that ugly build up of dried up mouthwash around the lip of the bottle. I really hate that.

Interestingly, this one has no taste to me when I’m rinsing with it. It’s almost like rinsing my mouth with water. It’s only when I go to spit it out that it has a bit of a taste, slightly sweet like really watered down apple juice or something.

Anyway, I’ve been using this mouthwash for a couple of weeks now and I can say that even during the day even when it’s been hours and hours since I used it I experience no or very little soreness or discomfort in my mouth. That’s great because I almost always have some unless I’ve just brushed, flossed and rinsed. So, I

feel like whether or not I have dry mouth, I am realizing some benefits from this mouthwash. Also I do feel a little more confident about my breath. I can’t confirm this without bluntly coming out and asking people. I do notice that I have fewer conversations with my boyfriend about whether I’ve brushed my teeth or not.

I suspect that there aren’t a lot many products available that are specifically devoted to treating dry mouth. I assume people diagnosed with this condition may have little choice but to select this brand. What I would say is that as someone who has other options and has chosen to use this mouthwash, except for the crazy expensive price I don’t mind using it at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422071204111131/k2311a0722/7.22.10