Herbal Essences Hydralicious self-targeting conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought the Herbal Essences Hydralicious self-targeting conditioner to go with the shampoo I bought from the same brand
  • I purchased this for only $2.99CDN and if I found it on sale again for the same price I would probably look for an alternative as this was no deal at all
  • It came in a white bottle, but unlike the shampoo you could not see the product throught the bottle which I thought was a bit strange
  • When I poured the conditioner into my hand I noticed it was quite runny, almost so runny that I had to cup my hand quickly to avoid it spilling in the shower

• by Melissa Glenn

I bought the Herbal Essences Hydralicious self-targeting conditioner to go with the shampoo I bought from the same brand. While I fell instantly in love with the shampoo this Herbal Essences conditioner is a not so great product. I purchased this for only $2.99CDN and if I found it on sale again for the same price I would probably look for an alternative as this was no deal at all.

To begin with this Hydralicious self-targeting conditioner is quite attractively packaged. It came in a white bottle, but unlike the shampoo you could not see the product throught the bottle which I thought was a bit strange. The conditioner rests on its top,

which was a lime green pop top and easy to open and close. When I first opened this Herbal Essences conditioner I was hit by a wonderful smell of vanilla and cocunut. Funnily enough, when I read the ingredients I found it contained Red Vanilla Bean and Aloe vera no cocount at all.

When I poured the conditioner into my hand I noticed it was quite runny, almost so runny that I had to cup my hand quickly to avoid it spilling in the shower. I quickly massaged it through my hair (which is very long) and did find that it was easy to use and that the few tangles I had seem ...

• to disappear as soon as I massaged the conditioner through my hair. I used it from root to tip, which is what this Herbal Essences product suggests you do. It rinsed away fast enough but my hair felt like a layer of grease was still on it so I continued to rinse again.

Finally, when I had used this conditioner a few times I began to research some of the ingredients the back of the 300ml bottle said it contained. To my suprise it contained quite a bit of wax. Now cheaper hair care products and cosmetics often add wax to them to make your skin or hair feel softer. What this wax

does do of course is leave a residue. No wonder I had to rinse my hair twice after I used this conditoner, and no wonder my curls felt weighed down and my hair a bit limp.

I don’t no what the Clairol company was thinking when they made this conditioner. While I used all of the shampoo I only used this conditioner a few times and then simply stopped as I did not want greasy hair with a lot of build up. Don’t buy this conditioner you will spend a long time trying to rinse it out, and then you will need another product to get the wax out of your hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122071203881031/k2311a0722/7.22.10