Lenovo ThinkPad T400s Laptop  » Laptops  »
  • This is the part that I love about my job as I get to use different kinds of notebooks, mobile phones and occasionally vehicles
  • When I learned that this laptop costs about Php140,000 (around US$3000), I almost dropped it

• by LaPinay

Whenever we have a new project, I am usually issued new toys by the new client for the duration. This is the part that I love about my job as I get to use different kinds of notebooks, mobile phones and occasionally vehicles. It was in this new project that I was able to use the Lenovo ThinkPad T400s.

When the T400s was issued to me, I was given a stern warning to take care of it because it was a very expensive laptop. When I

learned that this laptop costs about Php140,000 (around US$3000), I almost dropped it. Luckily, the T400s is encased in carbon-fiber which protects it from accidental drops. Its advertisement said that this could survive being run over by a vehicle, but I dare not disprove this claim. It is very thin, less than an inch thick, and very light too at about 3 pounds. Extraneously, it is not as pretty as some other laptops as this sports a flat black finish. I love that the spaces ...

• between keypads were reduced to protect it from food crumbs taking lodging there. I have taken to working in coffee shops, and this is a very useful design for me. It does sport a wide enough screen at 14.1” with great color performance. It’s strictly a business laptop and so I doubt if it can take the graphics of hardcore gamers.

The trackpad is integrated into the wrist area, that is, it was designed to blend in. I am use to seeing the trackpad at

once, and I had to look a little closer to realize that it was exactly in the same place that I need it to be. As I work with documents all day, I appreciated the multi-touch screen as it allowed me to work faster and with more fingers. I also liked that the battery life was about four hours which allowed me to stay in the coffee shop longer.

If I had the budget, I would be very tempted to buy this for my personal use.

Lenovo ThinkPad T400s Laptop

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6322071203621031/k2311a0722/7.22.10