La Hacienda Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
5625 Lawton Loop East, Indianapolis, Indiana 46236
  • When we got home the first thing i noticed was our queso that we order
  • The queso was one of the best that i have had
  • I would probably recommend La Hacienda to friends in the area but i would not suggest for people to travel just for this restaurant

• by Jessica Perry

Today my boyfriend and i got coupons in the mail for La Hacienda so we decided to try it for dinner. I have passed this restaurant on several occasions but never eaten there before. We looked up the menu on their website, which was helpful since we had never eaten there before. My boyfriend called to make a pick up order and had to talk to three different people before one guy finally spoke enough English to take his order.

This was not very surprising since this is a Mexican restaurant but still a little frustrating. We went to pick up our order, which was done in about 10 minutes. I stayed in

the car but my boyfriend went in and he told me that there were only two people eating in the restaurant.

This kind of worried me that the food would not be that good since they didn’t have very many customers. When my boyfriend left they forgot to add a taco in our bag. When we were leaving one of the employees caught us in the parking lot and gave us our taco, which was nice.

When we got home the first thing i noticed was our queso that we order. We ordered a small but it was in a much bigger container than what i have received ...

• at other places and it was cheaper as well ($2. 95).

The queso was one of the best that i have had. It is a little spicy which i loved but some people may not prefer. We also received salsa with our order.

It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t anything special. It was average. One thing that i did not like was that they only gave us one small bag of chips, with about 30 chips.

We did not have enough chips for our queso and salsa. Also the chips were very stale. As for our food, i was pleased.

I had a cheese quesadilla with rice and

beans. The quesadilla was not too cheesy or greasy like i have experienced at other places. The rice and beans were better than average.

Most of the time when i go to Mexican Restaurants the beans taste like they were scooped out of a can but not this time. They were good. I added some of our extra queso to my rice and beans.

It added a little spice and was very good. Overall i was surprised by the food since i didn’t really expect much. I would probably recommend La Hacienda to friends in the area but i would not suggest for people to travel just for this restaurant.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 722071203591031/k2311a0722/7.22.10