PurAqua Frut Flavored Water Variety Pack
  • I found this flavored water from PurAqua, and yes, it's spelled frut as opposed to fruit on the packaging for some odd reason, to be more refreshing than flavorful
  • Naturally, it's going to be refreshing because it's water, and when it's enjoyed good and cold, it's a refreshing, thirst-quencher
  • It was a given then when I purchased this twenty-four pack of sixteen point nine ounce bottles for eight dollars that I was going to enjoy this water about as much as I enjoy water in general
  • I was definitely interested though in the fruit flavors that were added to this water and the fruit flavors were the only reason I decided to give this bottled water a try
  • I don't feel that the fruit flavors are strong enough or satisfying enough to justify the extra cost, and that's the reason I'm rating this fruit-flavored water a 4

• by CirclingCanvas

I found this flavored water from PurAqua, and yes, it’s spelled “frut” as opposed to “fruit” on the packaging for some odd reason, to be more refreshing than flavorful. Naturally, it’s going to be refreshing because it’s water, and when it’s enjoyed good and cold, it’s a refreshing, thirst-quencher. It was a given then when I purchased this twenty-four pack of sixteen point nine ounce bottles for eight dollars that I was going to enjoy this water about as much as I enjoy water in general. I was definitely interested though in the

fruit flavors that were added to this water and the fruit flavors were the only reason I decided to give this bottled water a try. Of the four flavors, none of the flavors really wowed me. This bottled water is definitely more tasty than regular non-flavored water, but it’s not so good that it would actually make it easy for me to drink the suggested eight glasses of water a day. The fruit flavors simply weren’t prevalent and rich enough.

Grape, orange, strawberry and pomegranate are the four flavors that this bottled water comes ...

• in. The strawberry-flavored water was about the best of the bunch as it was the one that reminded of the fruit that it was flavored with the most. The pomegranate-flavored water was easily the most disappointing as the flavor was much weaker compared with the other three fruit-flavored drinks. The grape-flavored water was almost exactly like grape soda, only without the carbonation and not quite as sweet. The grape flavoring also didn’t taste quite as natural as the strawberry flavoring did. The orange-flavored water had a bit of a sharp bite to it,
        but it was really fleeting and once that moment had passed, the taste didn’t really reflect the flavor of an orange too truly. I did finish all the bottles, but I certainly won’t be making another purchase.

Like non-flavored water, this fruit-flavored water is refreshing to drink. There’s obviously more flavor, but the variety pack is also more expensive than non-flavored bottle water. I don’t feel that the fruit flavors are strong enough or satisfying enough to justify the extra cost, and that’s the reason I’m rating this fruit-flavored water a “4″.

Rich says :

this product contains sucralose (Splenda). Read the ingredients. I was disappointed to find this out after I purchased a case.

shaggin83 says :

Thank you for writing this and pointing this out I would have been disappointed buying this and seeing splenda as an ingredient.

Joanna says :

Hi,

I have looked and as far as I can tell the water is bottled in Brooklynn Connecticut at the main Aldi plant. This water is delicious. I am a huge fan of the raspberry flavor.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Joanna

Mary says :

The PurAqua Belle Vie Sparkling Water is not sweetened. I love it I HATE the sickening artificially sweetened Sparkling Waters out there. This Alid Sparkling Water is PERFECT We go through tons of it. It’s inexpensive and comes in cans…which I love also.

Galega says :

Artificial sweetener Sucralose is used with this water. There is no doubt about it. The manufacturer has also not concealed this information and you can clearly see on the bottle itself about Splenda or Sucralose.

margaret blohm says :

I want to purchase the raspberry flaver only. Where is it available near the 54911 zip code

CirclingCanvas replies :

I don`t recall seeing a raspberry-only flavored water pack under the PurAqua brand. If you have an ALDI near you, you could ask the store manager if the store ever stocks such a product so that you`ll know when it`ll be available. If that doesn`t work out, then I`m not sure what else to suggest other than purchase raspberry-flavored water from a larger store under a different brand. I don`t know what other stores, if any, carry the PurAqua brand, but again, if there is an ALDI near you, you could ask the store manager for the contact information for the company and inquire directly about the product.

Tiffany says :

I don’t know about when it will be available there but in Pasadena,Tx our Aldi has the flavored water packs that have Raspberry, Grape, Lemon, and Strawberry.

CirclingCanvas replies :

I think the items that ALDI carries varies by location, because I’ve heard from some consumers of items they bought at ALDI, but I can’t find at my local ALDI store. It probably has to do with what items sell well in a particular area and which items don’t, so I imagine some of the ALDI stores carry products that aren’t sold at all ALDI locations simply because those particular items don’t sell as well at certain locations. Thanks for the heads up on the location that carries that particular water flavor pack Maybe other locations will soon also get them in stock, even if it is just for a short while.

Margaret Wachter says :

I really enjoy this water. I would like to know where it is bottled. The flavors are excellent I like them all.

Barbara Blakney says :

I get this Pur Aqua at Aldi and would like to know where you can return the bottles? In Michigan they have a 10 cent return fee which Aldi does charge.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Open up a search engine like Google or Yahoo and type: Recycling Centers Found In Michigan. This will give you websites that have locations where you can return the bottles.

Sylvia says :

I love this water. wish it were more available in the area where I live.

Coco says :

Question…I noticed on the front of the label of this water under “natural strawberry” it clearly says…”Flavored with other natural flavor purified water beverage” So my question is…what is this “other” natural flavor? I can’t seem to find an answer. I just don’t see why it would state it as “other” if it’s natural. Don’t get me wrong I love this water and drink it everyday, which is exactly why I want to know.

Joanna says :

Hi Coco,

I think the term “other natural flavors” refers to the sugar that is put in the water to sweeten it. I had the same question and that was the answer that I got from the corporate representative that I spoke with.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

CirclingCanvas replies :

It’s too bad companies can get away with not having to list exactly what’s in a product and can simply use a broad term like “other natural flavors”. Having to speak to a corporate representative just to get answers concerning the ingredients shouldn’t be necessary, but sadly, it is, even with the name brand stuff.

Rebecca says :

Natural flavors mean aspartame and or msg. Both of which are toxic and cancer causing and is the reason they will not tell you what exactly they use. This is allowed by the FDA so corporations can get away with not labeling toxic stuff people try to stay away from. Anything that says natural flavoring is code for poison

CirclingCanvas replies :

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Sadly, the Food and Drug Administration is not an effective department within the United States government. The FDA allows companies to get away with far too much while being far too lenient in what can be used in food, drink and medication. The FDA is a broken entity, much like many aspects of government. The United States would have a higher life expectancy and a healthier population if the FDA would fulfill its mission, but because that’s likely not going to happen anytime soon, it’s up to the consumer to seek out those health-conscious companies out there that are truly transparent and honest with the products that they are putting out there and support them.

Shania says :

Is the pur aqua frut flavored water is it good for you and doesn’t cause cancer cause I’ve been drinking like 5 bottles a day.

Demetri says :

I recently purchased a 24-pack of Puraqua FRUT water and enjoyed the different flavors. My favorite was the lemon water. It was fresh and delicious I would certainly buy again.

CirclingCanvas replies :

I’ve found that by purchasing water flavor enhancers like MiO, that no bottled flavor water really compares, so from now on, I’ll just add a MiO flavor to my filtered water and enjoy a rich and refreshing drink that way.

starcher david says :

re : I don’t feel that the fruit flavors are strong enough or satisfying enough to justify the extra cost, and that’s the reason I’m rating this fruit-flavored water a 4
    wife just got some all 4 flavors I just love them all thanks

CirclingCanvas replies :

I’m glad she enjoyed them. I’m sure others out there enjoy this fruit-flavored water on a regular basis. It just so happens that I didn’t care for it as much as I hoped I would. This is why though everyone should try something for themselves rather than relying solely on what one or some people say… because it’s possible to enjoy something that others didn’t Then, after enjoying it, come here and explain why you enjoyed it, so we can have all perspectives represented

Beverly Pitman says :

We love the Frut water. However, would like to have a bottle that is not completely lopesided. Each bottle in the case does not sit up properly.

CirclingCanvas replies :

I think it has to do with the price of the water. In order to sell the water at a price below that of competitors, corners may be cut, and that might be the case with the bottles themselves. What you may want to do is transfer the water to a glass or more sturdy water bottle.

vanessa says :

re : I found this flavored water from PurAqua, and yes, it’s spelled frut as opposed to fruit on the packaging for some odd reason, to be more refreshing than flavorful
    love,love,love this water but the store doesnt have it all the time

CirclingCanvas replies :

Do you have any other ALDI stores nearby and if so, have you tried checking them? If the store you shop at doesn’t have it all the time, I’d suggest inquiring next time you’re there and find out if you can do a special order or try visiting the Contact Us section of the ALDI website and give the address of the store you shop at and explain that you’d be a more frequent buyer of the water if it was stocked more consistently.

Linda says :

Is there splenda in this water???? I could not find ingredients ???

CirclingCanvas replies :

It is sweetened with sucralose, known as Splenda, yes. If you are looking for a quality, fruit-flavored water without sweeteners or artificial flavors and no calories, I recommend the brand Hint. Just Google Hint Water and you’ll see all the tasty, natural, fruit-flavored water options that are carried by that brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721071203031031/k2311a0721/7.21.10