Canon IXUS 70 Digital Camera
  • With this camera I found that it takes some very good pictures using the point and shoot method
  • I did not find that a problem, it makes it easier to carry with you for those spur of the moment shots

• by DreamsOfRuby

I purchased the canon Ixus 70 digital camera recently and it has turned out to be a great camera. The reason I chose this camera is that it has a feature called direct print and it is compatible to the printer that I have which is a canon Pixma. The other motivating factor behind my purchase of this camera is the reasonable price.

This camera actually surprised me considering the low sale price and when initially looking at this camera it did not appear to have the amount of

functions that it actually does. The one feature I discovered it had that turned out to be an important one for me is this camera is it has the ability to predict when the camera is going to shake. This is called ISO auto-shift and it controls the blurriness that is normally reproduced when the camera isn’t held steady. My hands shake sometimes so my pictures don’t always come out clear.

I am not technology challenged except when it comes to cameras. I have serious trouble trying to ...

• use a camera where you have to change the settings for different scenes. With this camera I found that it takes some very good pictures using the point and shoot method.

The Canon LXUS has an easy to navigate menu with easy to understand menu options that I really didn’t have to use all that much. This camera is well designed and stylish, although it is quite small. I did not find that a problem, it makes it easier to carry with you for those spur of

the moment shots.

The two downfalls I found with this camera are, that is does not have a flash and if you must use the viewfinder it is very small. However there are options you can set to compensate for this. All in all I find this to be a high quality camera at the right price for someone that just wants to take some pictures. It has one more unique feature and that is you can view and edit your pictures right there on the camera’s screen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621071202620931/k2311a0721/7.21.10