Nokia E66  » Phones  »
  • I consider the cellphone as an extension of my body and thus, I don't like to place it in my bag as I find it a hassle to keep on opening and closing the bag and looking for my cellphone everytime I need it
  • I like the fact that it is a slide phone as it looks sharper and classier
  • The problem is, when there is a lack of memory space, the message inbox cannot be opened

• by TheCity

I have been using my Nokia E66 cellphone for two years now. It was a new model back then. I have been very satisfied with it. My dad gave is as a Christmas present as my previous fliptop phone got broken.

Pros:

1. I like the E66 because it is very handy. I consider the cellphone as an extension of my body and thus, I don’t like to place it in my bag as I find it a hassle to keep on opening and closing the bag and looking for my cellphone everytime I need it. I just usually hold my cellphone or just slip it in my pocket. Therefore, the weight, size and the slimness of the phone is important to me. In this aspect, the Nokia E66 is perfect as it is relatively small and slim, and can fit in the pockets without being too much of a bulge.

2. I like its design. My father bought

it for me as he also thought that my old phone (red fliptop) was not conducive for business. I like the fact that it is a slide phone as it looks sharper and classier. Because it is a slide phone, the screen is big, which makes it easier to read messages, look at pictures, etc. The E66 is perfect for me because it still looks feminine and fun while being professional.

3. I like its functionality. It’s very easy to use. Even my parents who only like very simple phones like this one. The keypad is wide and is raised, which makes it easier to text even without looking. The menu is simple and the phone is easy to navigate as everything is labeled for you already. I do not care so much for applications–I just need messaging, calendar, calculator, clock, and occasionally, the camera, so I don’t need fancier phones with lots of applications.

• For music, my ipod is enough for me and I don’t listen to music on my cellphone though of course, the phone has mp3. The camera of the phone is 3.2megapixels with autofocus. Though it is not clear enough for me, I don’t mind, as I usually bring a camera when traveling or attending events.

4. Durability - in the 3 years I have had this phone, I have dropped it countless of times, accidentally placed it in wet areas, etc. but it has yet to be broken. This is important to me because I am not exactly careful with my cellphone.

Cons:

1. Memory space - Even though it says there is still free space in the phone memory, it says that it has a lack of memory every so often. As a result, I have to go through my messages and delete them or delete my pictures which is a headache for me. I’m the type of

person who stores a lot of past messages and everytime this happens, I have to go through them again to decide which ones to delete. The problem is, when there is a lack of memory space, the message inbox cannot be opened. So I have to go through the pictures, videos, drafts, etc. to see which to delete and sometimes I do not want to delete anything but have no choice. I have tried moving the files to the memory card but still, this happens.

2. Sometimes, my phone hangs. I have to turn it off and on again. Maybe this is because of the space constraints. Seeing as I don’t even have mp3, this phone probably won’t be practical for those who want to load a lot of stuff in it.

3. Applications - The applications are quite simple. If you want a lot of games, and other stuff, then better go for other cellphones.

Nokia E66

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3721071202550931/k2311a0721/7.21.10