Doro th80 Digital Cordless Phone (DECT)  » Phones  »
  • I thought twice about actually using the device for fear of getting lost and in the technology
  • In fact, I found it to be not as complicated as I first thought it to be
  • I like that I could take the phone with me to the bathroom and pretty much anywhere around my apartment within 50 meters of range
  • Overall, this unit is perfect for people who are very comfortable around mobile phones and who want to experience those same benefits minus the extra charges for the added features

• by Leviathan

I’ve always been a pretty wary about digital and other high-tech gadgets until my tech-savvy brother gave me a Doro TH80 Digital Cordless Phone. I thought twice about actually using the device for fear of getting lost and in the technology. But as my brother patiently walked me through the setup and operation of the phone device, I actually started to appreciate how technology makes many things easier. In fact, I found it to be not as complicated as I first thought it to be.

The phone is compact and lightweight and unlike the conventional landline phone, the

Doro TH50 DECT takes up a much lesser space which is a good thing because I live in a pretty cramped apartment. It comes with a charging station which also serves as its base (where you dock the phone). I like that I could take the phone with me to the bathroom and pretty much anywhere around my apartment within 50 meters of range. I can even use the phone outside the door. I was told that this range increases to over six times with an open space. At times, when my phone’s battery ran out, I just place the handset back onto the charging base and revert to the speaker mode whenever I had to make or take calls. That was pretty cool, much like having a teleconference.

Another feature of this particular gadget that I found to be very useful is its phone book. It can actually store up to a maximum of 200 contact numbers. This is really perfect for someone like me who loves to keep in touch with friends, family and with my growing client list.

The Doro TH80 is really a lot like mobile phones in its appearance and in ...

• Doro th80 Digital Cordless Phone (DECT)
      a lot of its features. I have never really warmed up to the idea of communicating through text messages but my brother insists I learn to so. In fact, he sends me a one or two messages everyday (he also has the same unit at home) to which I am supposed to give a reply to (via text message). I could now easily navigate through the phone’s functions and I absolutely love the colorful display.

You could easily set up your phone with an additional handset that allows you to transfer calls from one unit to the

other. I found this feature to be unnecessary in my case because I live alone and as I mentioned earlier, I have a small apartment. But who knows, I might get a bigger place and would need more than one handset. The phone has a paging system which allows you to keep track of the handset in case somebody forgot to place it right back on the base.

Overall, this unit is perfect for people who are very comfortable around mobile phones and who want to experience those same benefits minus the extra charges for the added features.

Doro th80 Digital Cordless Phone (DECT)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3721071202530931/k2311a0721/7.21.10