Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is why I prefer to use it in the morning when I don't have makeup on
  • From my experience, it's hard to find a miracle formula to get rid of blackheads, so I am decently satisfied with this product, although I likely will not purchase again and would look for another blackhead treatment product

• by Linden

Having oily combination skin that is prone to blackheads and clogged pores, I am always on the lookout for blackhead and pore treatments. I have suffered from blackheads since I was 12, mainly on my nose but also on my face area close to my t-zone and my forehead.

I picked up Clean & Clear’s Blackhead Eraser Scrub when I was looking for a new cleanser, hoping that it would improve my blackheads. The packaging claimed that it was oil-free and contains 2% salicylic acid, which is used specifically to clear pores and treat blackheads, although it is also known to have a drying effect.

On first use, the scrub felt creamy in texture

and the beads felt like it would in any other scrub. The beads are a little large than the ones found in the other scrubs I used, which was fine, and they were gentle enough to not feel rough and harsh on your face. For a creamy cleanser, I feel like the scrub does a decently good job at cleaning. It doesn’t dry out your face at all, in fact even if you don’t put on moisturizer after cleansing, which I sometimes forget to do, your skin will not feel dry. It does a decent job of cleaning out oil and dirt, even though your skin won’t feel squeaky clean afterwards, like it would ...

• if you washed it with soap, which might be a good thing since this shows that the cleanser isn’t too harsh.

For a regular make-up wearer like me, however, the scrub is not enough to remove all my facial makeup and foundation at the end of the day. Because of its creamy texture and lack of foaming, it doesn’t dissolve makeup very well and will always leave residue. This is why I prefer to use it in the morning when I don’t have makeup on. However, if you don’t wear makeup, this can be used day and night.

Lastly, I want to address its effectively in eliminating blackheads, which is its essential purpose. After about 6

months of use, I do not see significant elimination of any blackheads, although they didn’t get worst. After each cleansing, though, you can see that some blackheads have reduced a little in appearance. But other than that, it really just acts as an exfoliating scrub. From my experience, it’s hard to find a miracle formula to get rid of blackheads, so I am decently satisfied with this product, although I likely will not purchase again and would look for another blackhead treatment product. Essentially, it comes down to what you’re looking for, as a scrub and exfoliator, this works pretty well, as a effective blackhead treatment, however, it likely will not measure up to expectations.

Malka says :

are the pores left open after the usage of clan and clear blackhead scrub?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121071202520931/k2311a0721/7.21.10