Crowders Mountain  » Travel  »
Kings Mountain, North Carolina

• by sadonna
      Crowder’s Mountain is a small park located at 522 office lane, Kings Mountain, North Carolina. It offers backpacking, camping, canoeing, fishing, and rock climbing. When my youngest daughter was about 2, me and my babysitter, Louise took my three kids to Crowder’s Mountain for a day hike.

We decided to do Crowder’s Trail because it was only 2. 5 miles.

Crowder’s Trail starts out as a paved trail, that was level to gently rolling in the

beginning. That changed very rapidly when the trail turned right and began the ascent to the top.

At one point we had to carry Kimberly because the trail was steep, rocky and narrow. This was when, I began to wonder why I brought three small children along, and then it turned to all stairs.

My three year old practically ran up the stairs. Me and Louise on the other hand had begun to pass Kimberly back ...

• and fourth while panting.

We were pretty much worn out and out of breath. At this point, I began to understand why the teenage boys at the beginning of the trail laughed when we told them which trail we were going to take.

We were to close to the top to even think about turning back now. As we reached the top step we paused, with a lump in my throat and the stunning views

of Charlotte and the surrounding area before us, it just took your breath away.

It was if you could see a couple of hundred miles, maybe even more. We sat on a large rock at the top for at least an hour just filled with awe.

It would have been even more beautiful at night, but we couldn�t stay. Later I checked and found the trail we had hiked was rated strenuous, go figure as to why.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381901120250631/k2311a0119/1.19.07