“The Show” - A song by Lenka
  • This song is definitely bubblegum, but the lyrics are straight to the point

• by Zoey7879

I will be the first to admit, the first 1,000 and more times that I had the music of Lenka shoved down my throat, I couldn’t stand it. I was darn near physically ill. I simply could not stand her cutesy, almost innocent lyrics were just too much.

And then it happened.

Her most popular and well known song, “The Show”, began to grow on me.

This song is definitely bubblegum, but the lyrics are straight to the point. Love and

life are both confusing and there is only so much about it that we can control. And for those things that we can’t, it’s like watching a movie. We can laugh, we can cry, but regardless, we can’t change what happens. The outcome will never change.

The quirky music to the song is a very simple piano melody accompanied by guitar and drums, but the piano accompaniment along with Lenka’s little-girl sounding voice are what get people hooked. It ...

• is a relief to finally hear a song where the lyrics and music are a perfect marriage. They are both happy, contagious, and clean; making me in sigh in relief to an industry that is laced with sex, drugs, and violence. It’s definitely girl pop, but it’s music that I can allow my young daughter to listen to without having the worry of what kind of garbage may be tainting her mind.

Although it did take a while, this

song is finally stuck in my head like a sprouting flower. It’s invaded my thoughts, growing slowly and germinating, and now I cannot get it out. I have began to learn how to play this song on the keyboard, and have found it both easy and fun to learn.

“The Show” definitely conjures up images of flowers, young girls, girls growing up and dreaming of fairy tales, and innocence to mind. This song is a definite breath of fresh air!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421071202200931/k2311a0721/7.21.10