Sugarfoot Rag by John 5  » Music  »
  • I like this riff because its easy for me to play and it sounds like a western tv show
  • The song is actually a cover by I think Jerry Reed and John 5 adds his own little touch to it
  • One thing I don't like about this song is John plays some nasty sounding chords in some parts with effects on them but I think it was intentional to give it kind of an ugly sound and the part where you can hear a split sound going from left to right speaker, I don't think that part fit right

• by pango14762

If you like a guitar instrumentals and also like a style of bluegrass type playing with a side of Metal. Then check out John 5 most particularly Sugarfoot Rag off his album Vertigo.

Ive always thought John 5 was a strange guy with his make up and being a guitarist in Mariylyn Manson but I do like his approach to playing banjo style metal with fast licks

and banjo rolls on his guitar.

I really like the single coil tone he has on his telecaster but it also has a bit of heaviness because he uses powerful amplifiers.

The song starts off with a clean jazz kind of lick but then launches into an epic performance of Bluegrass metal.

One of the main parts of this song is the riff the riff played throughout ...

• it.

I like this riff because its easy for me to play and it sounds like a western tv show.

The song is actually a cover by I think Jerry Reed and John 5 adds his own little touch to it.

John 5 actually utilizes alot of techqniques like tapping while sliding to give a glisten sound,sweep picking country style bends and alot more.

One thing I

don’t like about this song is John plays some nasty sounding chords in some parts with effects on them but I think it was intentional to give it kind of an ugly sound and the part where you can hear a split sound going from left to right speaker, I don’t think that part fit right.

Check this guy out though if you want to hear a fresh new guitar style.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421071202150931/k2311a0721/7.21.10