Meloxicam (Mobic) for Pain  » Medicine  »
  • I would experience joint pain with movement usually on my weight bearing bone junctions and would sometimes hear a crepitus which is the grating feeling on palpation over joint during movement

• by Carlisle

I have been experiencing stiff joints for a short time in the morning, usually 15 minutes or less. I would experience joint pain with movement usually on my weight bearing bone junctions and would sometimes hear a crepitus which is the grating feeling on palpation over joint during movement. I came for a check-up. X-rays and several blood tests were done. I was told to come back a day after for the results. The next day, results were discussed to me and I was told that I had Osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease caused by the wear and tear of

the articular cartilage. As the protective joint cartilage is worn away, the underlying bone becomes exposed, causing the exposed bones to rub, thus causing severe pain and difficulty in moving. I was prescribed with Meloxicam (Mobic).

What is Meloxicam (Mobic)?

It is a drug under the classification of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This painkiller is available in 7.5 milligram tablets only. It is known to produce anti-inflammatory effects, thus leading to pain relief. The tablet is white in colour with a letter M imprint on one side and on the other, the drug manufacturer logo.

How is this drug taken?

Mobic is taken orally. I ...

• didn’t have any problems swallowing the pill because it was small. Thirty minutes after taking the drug, I instantly felt relief from the pain. I had a notable difference from the terrible sensation I felt prior to taking the drug.

My advice:

There are several side-effects that one could possibly experience according to the attached leaflet. But I had no adverse effects based on my use of this drug. The only minor side effect that I was able to experience was a slight stomach upset when I took Mobic without eating. So, I would advise anybody who is planning to take this medication

to take it with meals or with milk to minimize the stomach upset that you may experience. Although this drug has been designed to be less destructive to your stomach and small intestine, I still would suggest you to take the proper precautions while under this medication. Generally, I have a good experience with Mobic. It relieves me from the day to day pain. Honestly, I always keep a tablet or two of Meloxicam (Mobic) within my pocket and a box of this medication in my luggage wherever I travel. Meloxicam (Mobic) made my condition manageable. I give this drug 9 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2621071201170731/k2311a0721/7.21.10