Nature’s Plus KetoSlim High Protein Shake Vanilla
  • As mentioned above, I've tried a lot of protein mixes and this is definitely near the top of my list (along with Jay Robb's powders)
  • I'm a big believer in the benefits of green food, as I have noticed a significant difference in the way I feel since I started taking it as a supplement, so I love that this has a good amount of green food infused into it
  • I always find that I like to mix some stevia-powdered or liquid-into the mix because this is sugar free, and it doesn't have any nasty artificial sweeteners (thankfully)

• by Nico

I’ve tried many different protein shake mixes, and out of all the ones I’ve sampled this is one of my favorites!

Nutrition Information: 100 calories per serving (2 generous scoops of powder), whopping 23 grams of ‘tri part’ protein (rice, pea and isolated soy), sugar free, only 2 carbs per serving, no artificial sweeteners, fortified with metabolism-boosting ingredients such as Carnite, Taurine, Apple Cider Vineager, and Green Food Blend. Non-GMO.

My Opinion: As mentioned above, I’ve tried a lot of protein mixes and this is definitely near the top of my list (along with Jay Robb’s powders)! I’m a big believer in the benefits of green food, as I have noticed a significant difference in the way

I feel since I started taking it as a supplement, so I love that this has a good amount of green food infused into it. You can’t taste it either, which is nice, because though it doesn’t taste ‘bad’ when mixed into water, most green powders can be a bit gritty/uncomfortable to drink.

I use this more as a nutritional/meal replacement than a weight loss supplement, so I can’t attest to whether or not it works for that purpose, but the ingredients listed are all very healthy and I’ve found that I have increased energy when I take this, as well as more endurance during my workouts. I don’t get that sense of lethargy that ...

• sometimes takes over mid-day if I have one of these in the morning!

The consistency: this isn’t gritty and the powder is ‘fluffy’-it mixes easily. The container says that you can mix this straight into water, and that no blender is required, but I’ve never actually tried this in plain water. I always use it in a smoothie. I mix almond milk, ice, water and stevia along with this powder in the blender, and the result is a yummy smoothie perfect for a hot summer day!

I always find that I like to mix some stevia-powdered or liquid-into the mix because this is sugar free, and it doesn’t have any nasty artificial sweeteners (thankfully)! Even with

the stevia, this isn’t the sweetest drink, it has more of a hearty almost ‘grainy’ flavor which I personally find to be satisfying. I just suggest adding some stevia to it!

No yucky aftertaste or anything like that…

You get 11 servings in each container. Each container retails for around $20-$25 depending on where you buy. This doesn’t seem to be too widely available-I’ve never been able to find it at a Whole Foods, just boutique health food stores and online.

Overall Opinion: Definitely healthier and better tasting than a lot of the protein powders out there! Worth seeking out if you are looking for a ‘good for you’ protein mix! I just wish it were slightly cheaper/more available!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420071201021131/k2311a0720/7.20.10