Shiseido The Makeup Uplifting Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • My first experience with Shiseido products was as a teenager when I had terrible acne problems
  • Normally, I apply some primer on my blemished areas before applying any foundation but I decided to try it without the primer
  • The product did deliver what it promised – the coverage was lustrous and my skin looked subtly lifted (at least I think) and youthful
  • I love the shade – I think Shiseido has excellent shades for Asian women who have trouble matching their skin tone (I’m sure I’m not the only one)

• by sangwon

My first experience with Shiseido products was as a teenager when I had terrible acne problems. Being an Asian adolescent with fickle skin, my acne didn’t respond well to the usual American face-cleansing products. As a hormone-engorged teen, this was, of course, this was a scourge at the time. Shiseido products are expensive but readily accessible at any Asian supermarket cosmetic counter. For some reason, my skin responded well to Shiseido – I had less flare-ups and my acne seem to tone down. However, high costs forbade my continued use of their products. Now as a woman with the remnants scars of that acne-plagued past, I returned back to Shiseido for coverage needs. After purchasing some apples at an Asian supermarket for a bargain sales price of five pounds for a dollar, I stopped by the Shiseido cosmetic counter to see what they

had to offer. I was instantly attracted to their “Make Lifting” foundation. It promises a lot for one product – it’s suppose to give you long-lasting lustrous coverage that also minimizes skin imperfections and improve skin’s elasticity to give a visibly lifted look. Even though it was almost $45 for an 1-ounce bottle, my favorable past with Shiseido forbade me from not purchasing the foundation.

There were ten shades to choose from and I was instantly able to find my shade. It came with a dispenser which I’m not accustomed to but since the foundation was thick, it was pretty easy to dispense the amount you want. Normally, I apply some primer on my blemished areas before applying any foundation but I decided to try it without the primer. For being a thick liquid foundation, it provided a full light coverage. I did have ...

• to watch where and how I applied, though. It’s not a foundation where you put on like lotion – I had to stipple it carefully and blend it in using a damp cosmetic sponge (recommended by the cosmetic lady). The product did deliver what it promised – the coverage was lustrous and my skin looked subtly lifted (at least I think) and youthful. My pores minimized in appearance, about a 50% decrease in size. I don’t have fine lines yet, so I can’t attest to those claims. It did seem to fill in my acne scars for an even complexion and any reddened areas did seem less in appearance. However, I’ve experienced better blemish-covering results with the use of a good primer and other foundation.

Shiseido Makeup Lifting Foundation had some good points – it provided full coverage that wasn’t heavy, left my skin looking

lustrous and youthful, had an easy to use dispenser that was very controllable, did a decent job of covering pores and blemishes for an even complexion and texture, and left my skin feeling moisturized. However, there are some pitfalls – it needs to be carefully applied for full coverage, the face-lifting properties may be too subtle to the point of none, does not provide enough SPF for good sun protection, and pretty expensive. I currently use the product with a good primer, which in combination does an excellent job of giving me a flawless, well-finished look. I love the shade – I think Shiseido has excellent shades for Asian women who have trouble matching their skin tone (I’m sure I’m not the only one). Overall, I was pleased with this product. There aren’t a lot of full coverage foundations that deliver what it promises but Shiseido did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120071200911131/k2311a0720/7.20.10