1968 Ford Galaxy
  • I think we only got like 12 miles to a gallon of gas

• by sadonna
      In 1988 my husband bought a 1968 Ford Galaxy for five hundred dollars. It had about a 100,000 miles on it but it ran good and we desperately needed a car.

These cars are large like a tank or a boat.

I think we only got like 12 miles to a gallon of gas.

Now

you could seat six in complete comfortably though.

The body on the car is extreemly tough I have to admit that’s it’s best feature.

One time when my husband had an accident he hit a building at about tweenty miles an hour and it barely put a scratch on the car.

It did however crack ...

• the siding of our local jailhouse in Jamestown, Tennesee.

Yea that’s right he tried to make a drive through jailhouse.

The brakes quit working and instead of plowing into the line of cars parked at the stop light he turned the wheel and hit the jail house.

I was quite embbarrased but at least nobody

got hurt and the damage was minimal compared to what it could have been.

So these cars are definately built to last.

Shortly after that we got rid of the car just because of the poor gas milage and needing a car in better mechanical repair.

But I don’t think I will ever forget it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91901120080631/k2311a0119/1.19.07