Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer  » Cosmetics  »
  • But, since it was summer time and I already had a bit of a tan, I decided to try this product as a lightweight alternative to my everyday foundation
  • I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something that is lightweight and also contains a sunscreen

• by mariekay

When I first saw this product, I actually thought it was a foundation rather than a tinted moisturizer. I purchased it because it was on clearance, and I couldn’t pass up the good deal. The packaging of the product makes it look just like a foundation, it’s in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser. Once I got the product home and read the label, however, I realized it was a tinted moisturizer. I wasn’t sure if that would work for me since I usually like to have at least medium coverage foe my face in order to even out the appearance of spots and discolorations. But, since it was summer time and I already had a bit of a tan, I decided to try this

product as a lightweight alternative to my everyday foundation.

When I first applied the product, I could see that it was very sheer. It did moisturize my skin - a lot. I had to apply pressed powder on top of this product to prevent my skin from looking to oily. The coverage of the tinted moisturizer was quite light, which I expected, but it was okay for days that I didn’t want to look made-up. What I liked about the product was that it gave my face a little bit of a glow, without looking like a cakey mask. I especially liked that it contained Retinol, which is supposed to fight aging of the skin. I am not sure how high of a concentration of Retinol ...

• the product actually contains, but knowing that it was helping my skin made me feel like I was doing something good for my face.

The pump dispenser was a plus, although a couple times it did get clogged, but a rinse of hot water and it was working fine again.

Another thing that I liked about this product was that it contained sunscreen. The SPF 20 was the perfect amount for summer, and I liked the fact that I didn’t have to apply a separate sunscreen when I had this product on my face. I applied this product to both my face and neck, and the sunscreen helped prevent me from getting sun burned while outside.

This product works best for me when it’s not super hot and humid outside. On

really hot days, or if I am sweating, the product does not stay on, and it basically melts off my face. The product isn’t a substitute for foundation, which can usually stay on despite a bit of sweating or hot weather. Also, this product works best if you apply a mattifier before you apply this product, and follow up with a pressed powder. If I skip these steps, I end up with an oily look to my face.

Overall, I would say this is a decent product for a tinted moisturizer It does moisturize and soften the skin, and it offers a sheer coverage and a hint of color. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something that is lightweight and also contains a sunscreen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120071200451031/k2311a0720/7.20.10