Wet n Wild H2O Waterproof Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • Everything I had in my drawer was really old, so I decided to purchase a new tube
  • I tried the mascara out the day before I actually was planning to wear it for the day, and the first thing I noticed was that it was pretty runny coming out of the tube
  • Now I continue to use this product anytime I know that I will be going under water or getting wet
  • I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a cheap waterproof mascara for occasional use

• by mariekay

Normally I am not a big fan of waterproof mascaras because they are so hard to remove and often end up taking half of my natural lashes when I try to get the mascara off my eyes. But, there always seems to come a time when I need a waterproof mascara so I end up purchasing a tube of it, only to have it sit in my drawer after one or two uses. That’s why I don’t like to spend a lot of money on a waterproof mascara, it’s just not something I use every day.

So, this summer when we had a trip planned to a local water park, I knew I would need to purchase a waterproof mascara so I didn’t end up with a black smeared mess all over my

face. I knew I would be going under water, down water slides, and under waterfalls, so a waterproof mascara was a must. Everything I had in my drawer was really old, so I decided to purchase a new tube. I ended up purchasing Wet n Wild H2O Waterproof Mascara because it was the cheapest one I could find. I didn’t have super high expectations for it, but I figured it was better than nothing. I purchased the mascara in black, and paid about $3 for the tube.

I tried the mascara out the day before I actually was planning to wear it for the day, and the first thing I noticed was that it was pretty runny coming out of the tube. Also, quite a lot of ...

• mascara came out at once, so I had to wipe some of it onto the sides of the tube. Once I applied it, it did darken my lashes, but it took several coats to actually add any volume at all. The mascara went of so wet that it took forever to dry enough to where I could apply a second and third coat. After a while, though, I achieved the look I wanted.

That night I tried to remove the mascara and, just like most other waterproof varieties, this one was difficult to remove. I tried eye make up remover, lotion, and even olive oil. Eventually I got some of it off, but then I gave up and left the rest on my lashes. The day we

were going to the water park, I applied it the same way I had before, and I will say that it held up through swimming, going down water slides, and even being completely soaked on the water rides. Even by the end of a full day in the water park, I had no black streaks or any running of the product at all.

Now I continue to use this product anytime I know that I will be going under water or getting wet. It holds up really well, even though it is a bit of a pain to apply and remove. I don’t mind the hassle since I don’t wear the mascara very often anyway. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a cheap waterproof mascara for occasional use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120071200441031/k2311a0720/7.20.10