Pet Bull Terrier Dog  » Pets  »

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

Having had this pet Bull Terrier dog given to me as a present, it was quite difficult to handle in the early stages of our relationship as it was already fully grown by the time it found itself in my possession.

While it was used to me from the frequent visits I made to my aunt’s house, whom had ultimately given the pet dog to me,

it was a different story having it at home with me on a full time basis. It didn’t show any aggression towards me and for a few weeks to anybody else coming and going too, but it refused to eat and would get restless at night, with my attempts to calm it down seemingly unwelcome.

After a couple of weeks though, the dog started getting more ...

• accustomed to its new surroundings and would run and greet me at the gate whenever I came back from a day out, it started eating healthily too at the new eating time I had set up and generally came into its own. Funnily enough too, the distinct sense of responsibility synonymous with the aggressive nature of Bull Terriers came flooding back and it started to
        command its territory and guard the house really well. I got wind of two intruders having been attacked and hospitalized while I was away for a while, leaving my cousin in charge of the house.

In conclusion, I’d say that this is a great companion to have as a pet dog, but one should treat it with the utmost respect and preferably acquire it while it is still small.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2920071200271031/k2311a0720/7.20.10